Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should the site be for 'Real' Members
Yes, always attack the idiot's keep the site clean. 8 80.00%
No, never attack them they should be allowed full control 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2012, 15:28   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

How Many Folk Want The Idiot's To Take Over?

Nothing really important, just accyweb.

We get strange folk on a regular basis, they always have someone that could be considered normal fighting their corner.

I always look on it as a fight to keep AccyWeb for it's members,

How many of you agree?

&

How many of you feel the idiot's should be allowed to take over?

The thing is without fighting them, the easier it is for them to ruin the site.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2012, 15:33   #2

Re: How Many Folk Want The Idiot's To Take Over?

OK only me voted so far, but 100% for fight the idiot's.
Old 04-08-2012, 15:45   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Think you could've had another option Less let the Idiots stay, but under the proviso they aren't taken seriously. I mean, come on, some of the novelty value they provide, plus it allows for folk to practice their put downs.

No, without the Idiots things wouldn't be quite as entertaining on Accy web. I think there's room for everyone on here, that's what makes it enjoyable.

PS, I take it this has been brought about by ABG ? What's he done this time ?

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 04-08-2012 at 15:51.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 15:57   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Think you could've had another option Less let the Idiots stay, but under the proviso they aren't taken seriously. I mean, come on, some of the novelty value they provide, plus it allows for folk to practice their put downs.

No, without the Idiots things wouldn't be quite as entertaining on Accy web. I think there's room for everyone on here, that's what makes it enjoyable.
Yes, a fair comment from a fair minded man, did you really think I would use such easy bait to catch you?

This is for those that think with their heart but wouldn't touch the site if the people they protect had control.
Old 04-08-2012, 16:05   #5
Beacon of light

I think the best response is to try not to take them on...don't answer them....try not to participate in the threads they start....just ignore them...and hopefully they will eventually get the message.
That, or bribe one of the mods to kick them out on their bum-bones.
I have particularly avoided the threads on here by a certain person...no names, no pack drill......but it has been relatively easy as this persons interests do not coincide with mine.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 16:06   #6
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
This is for those that think with their heart but wouldn't touch the site if the people they protect had control.
Quite, I now see the logic behind the phrasing of your questions, do carry on with your survey Sir & may it be a resounding endorsement for sensible folk.
Old 04-08-2012, 17:40   #7

I do enjoy the novelty value as DaveinGermany says but it has tended to get nasty and not very nice in the past when people have overstepped the mark.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 18:09   #8
Beacon of light

I don't think there is much novelty when you get someone posting, what is, banal rubbish.
Neither is it pleasant to read the nasty responses.
Old 04-08-2012, 18:14   #9

No Margaret, it does get very tedious.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 18:22   #10
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I don't think there is much novelty when you get someone posting, what is, banal rubbish.
Neither is it pleasant to read the nasty responses.
Actually this time I thought the responses were amusing most of the time.
Old 04-08-2012, 18:24   #11
Beacon of light

They start out being amusing......but it is like when you laugh at something a child does, it ceases being funny after a while....and becomes irritating instead.
Old 04-08-2012, 18:33   #12
God Member

Much as I relish the prospect of not having our most recently banned member on here, there is a problem with Less's proposal.

Some members define an idiot as a person who voices an opinion that is not 'mainstream' and non-compliant with their own views.

I have been labelled an idiot in the past for some unorthodox beliefs I hold, and an ex moderator made my posting 'difficult' at times.

A site is only as good as the moderators who control it - leave it to them to make such decisions.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 19:46   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Much as I relish the prospect of not having our most recently banned member on here, there is a problem with Less's proposal.

Some members define an idiot as a person who voices an opinion that is not 'mainstream' and non-compliant with their own views.

I have been labelled an idiot in the past for some unorthodox beliefs I hold, and an ex moderator made my posting 'difficult' at times.

A site is only as good as the moderators who control it - leave it to them to make such decisions.
Come on, hon, your beliefs transcend the mere unorthodox ... sorry about that .... just joking But I don't think you are the kind of person Less is talking about. You don't hold your beliefs and express them because they are unorthodox. You do it because you believe in them. And there are no doubt some of us who read them with an open mind.

And I'm with DiG with this one ... And they do have some entertainment value as fools; but more like Will Kempe than Robert Armin.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 21:31   #14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

PS, I take it this has been brought about by ABG ? What's he done this time ?
Agreed 100%. As DiG says idiots are great entertainment value and they provide excellent target practice. There's also the question of who decides who's an idiot and who isn't. Let 'em stay but take the mickey out of 'em at every available opportunity, I say!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 04-08-2012 at 21:37.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 21:34   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Seems i have missed summat today?? The latest one i notice is banned again, Thats what happens when i spend the afternoon at the game.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..