Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2012, 14:39   #1
Junior Member+

In search of a ACR

Would anyone know if ACR Roofing Contractors are still trading/contactable. They did a good job on my flatroof some years ago and I would like them to come back and check it over.

The phone number on the their letterhead is now an unconnected private number. The address was Trawden Close.

Thanks
greatharwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-12-2012, 14:49   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: In search of a ACR

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatharwood View Post
Would anyone know if ACR Roofing Contractors are still trading/contactable. They did a good job on my flatroof some years ago and I would like them to come back and check it over.

The phone number on the their letterhead is now an unconnected private number. The address was Trawden Close.

Thanks
So, why if they did a good job would you need them to check it over?

are you or one of your pals suddenly going to produce the number?

Surely if the number is disconnected gives you a very good reason to get someone else?

I can't keep that number going, too many folk complaining, OR I owe too much money.

Have a nice Christmas but not at AccyWebbers expense.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2012, 15:18   #3
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
So, why if they did a good job would you need them to check it over?

are you or one of your pals suddenly going to produce the number?

Surely if the number is disconnected gives you a very good reason to get someone else?

I can't keep that number going, too many folk complaining, OR I owe too much money.

Have a nice Christmas but not at AccyWebbers expense.
That's a funny (strange) and rather bad mannered answer to a simple question, politely asked. Are you just back from the pub??

ACR did my flat roof 17 years ago, and as a measure of their professionalism it has not been a bit of bother since. However, this type of roof system doesn't last for ever and I wanted to give ACR opportunity to check it out before it starts leaking. Pretty sure I've seen their transit knocking about so when I found their contact details from 17 years ago where no more, and the yellow pages went in the recycling some while ago I turned to the famed and well respected Accrington Web.

Unfortunately I seem to have attracted a reply from the village idiot.
greatharwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2012, 15:22   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatharwood View Post

Unfortunately I seem to have attracted a reply from the village idiot.
No, you have attracted the attention of someone that has seen this con on here before, post five then advertise and disappear with folks cash, without being insulting, prove me wrong.
cashman likes this.
Old 21-12-2012, 15:34   #5
Resting In Peace

Well if you use your initiative and google ACR Roofing Accrington you will see they come up on several websites with that address but no phone number. Looks like they may not be in business or perhaps only have a mobile no which they haven't disclosed? Why don't you go round to Trawden Close and ask them?

Far better than getting into a spat on Accyweb.
Old 21-12-2012, 15:45   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Well if you use your initiative and google ACR Roofing Accrington you will see they come up on several websites with that address but no phone number. Looks like they may not be in business or perhaps only have a mobile no which they haven't disclosed? Why don't you go round to Trawden Close and ask them?

Far better than getting into a spat on Accyweb.
Killjoy!

Was looking forward to his mate coming on site claiming to be them and ready to do any repairs needed, he may even have called me a moron or something because I dared to doubt this thread as genuine.
(If, when he does sign in and post, what's the betting he has the same IP address as the post starter).
susie123 likes this.
Old 21-12-2012, 16:16   #7
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Killjoy!

Was looking forward to his mate coming on site claiming to be them and ready to do any repairs needed, he may even have called me a moron or something because I dared to doubt this thread as genuine.
(If, when he does sign in and post, what's the betting he has the same IP address as the post starter).
Oh dear Less, sorry I spoil all your fun... I take things too literally but can see what you were getting at.

It just annoys me sometimes that people come on here with queries that they could sort out themselves in two ticks on the net.
Old 21-12-2012, 16:23   #8

Quote:

It just annoys me sometimes that people come on here with queries that they could sort out themselves in two ticks on the net.
That's what should ring alarm bells with us all, They can manage to come on site, go to questions and answers, post a thread, but aren't capable of googling?

If we just let one cowboy through, innocents can be ripped off, the cowboys go away but accyweb is tarnished because this is the site these folk worked from.
cashman likes this.

Last edited by Less; 21-12-2012 at 16:28.
Old 21-12-2012, 16:30   #9
Resting In Peace

Quote:
That's what should ring alarm bells with us all, They can manage to come on site, go to questions and answers, post a thread, but aren't capable of googling?

If we just let one cowboy through, innocents can be ripped off, the cowboys go away but accyweb is tarnished because this is the site these folk worked from.
Point taken, I bow to your superior knowledge and far greater experience of Accyweb and its ups and downs.
Old 21-12-2012, 16:37   #10

Quote:
Point taken, I bow to your superior knowledge and far greater experience of Accyweb and its ups and downs.
I wish I could say it's never happened, but it has less chance of happening again, I'd rather jump on a thread like this and be called a village idiot by the thread starter than leave it alone and a month down the line have someone say they've lost money they can't afford because no-one stopped the cowboy, (no amount of googling will find them then).
Old 21-12-2012, 18:03   #11

Great Harwood isn't a newbie. Joined in 2008. Posts have been rare but the earliest is from 2008. This looks genuine to me.

Last edited by Michael1954; 21-12-2012 at 18:06.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2012, 18:24   #12

Quote:
Oh dear Less, sorry I spoil all your fun... I take things too literally but can see what you were getting at.

To be fair, he did say the number was disconnected, and although you found them on the web, you could not find a phone number.
Old 21-12-2012, 18:39   #13

By the way, I am from Great Harwood but I have no connection to the poster, Great Harwood. Promise!
Old 21-12-2012, 18:41   #14
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
To be fair, he did say the number was disconnected, and although you found them on the web, you could not find a phone number.
He did say the number on their letterhead - from 17 years ago? Could have been changed since then.
Old 21-12-2012, 18:47   #15

Quote:
He did say the number on their letterhead - from 17 years ago? Could have been changed since then.
I think your idea that he visits their premises was best. It is strange though that they are on the web but don't list a phone number.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..