Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2009, 10:26   #1
Senior Member+

indigestion

anyone know of anything that actually works?

milk and bread doesnt help, gaviscon doesnt last long and its getting really bad now and stopping me from sleeping

no matter what i eat ive still got it

and yeah i know having a baby will probably get rid of it, before anyone (probably Neil) says that

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012

Last edited by emamum; 09-02-2009 at 10:28.
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-02-2009, 11:00   #2
God Member

Re: indigestion

i dont know if you can take it during pregnancy but ANDREWS helps me

i take Rennies sometimes too
Old 09-02-2009, 11:57   #3
God Member

don't eat, that usually does the trick :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:58   #4
Senior Member+

lol, thanks KSH... i tried rennies but they dont help either

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 09-02-2009, 12:32   #5
God Member

Bicarbonate of soda - 1 teaspoon mixed in a cup of water - it is safe
Sodium bicarbonate
it is alkali to neutralise acid
most grocers sell it

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:33   #6
Beacon of light

Ginger is good for relieving indigestion......the glace kind that you put in cakes...just suck it until it loses its flavour.......if you don't like ginger, then try peppermint tea...that sometimes works.
At least you know that you haven't long to put up with the indigestion.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:33   #7
Senior Member+

thanks Margaret and margaret lol, will go get some when i pick boyo up.. i have ginger tea left over from morning sickness, might give that a try

Old 09-02-2009, 16:13   #8
Resting in Peace

Peppermint cordial works for me usually, but do use Rennies if it persists
Old 09-02-2009, 17:17   #9
Senior Member+

Try Zantac, always gets rid of mine....till the next 10 Pints and Curry!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 18:00   #10
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Avoid putting extra pressure on your stomach while it's digesting... sit up straight, wear loose, comfortable clothing, wait at least an hour after meals before lying down, and try to bend at your knees instead of from your waist.

apart from that, the only other solution is getting the baby out!, but thats a no no...lol
Old 09-02-2009, 18:20   #11
God Member

Gaviscon ingredients-
Gaviscon - Double Action Liquid - (300ml)
'sodium alginate' - a thickener derived from gum arabic
'sodium bicarbonate' - bicarbonate of soda, as used in cleaning and baking
'calcium carbonate' - chalk

An expensive combo from a chemist when a little drum of bicarb from a grocer does just the same

Old 09-02-2009, 18:27   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Avoid putting extra pressure on your stomach while it's digesting... sit up straight, wear loose, comfortable clothing, wait at least an hour after meals before lying down, and try to bend at your knees instead of from your waist.

apart from that, the only other solution is getting the baby out!, but thats a no no...lol
thats not happening...guess when she likes to kick me and all i can say to bending at the waist is....HA!! what waist ??

baby has to stay where she is til a week on thursday because my midwife is on holiday but officially she can come from monday (yaaaay full term )

Old 09-02-2009, 18:30   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Gaviscon ingredients-
Gaviscon - Double Action Liquid - (300ml)
'sodium alginate' - a thickener derived from gum arabic
'sodium bicarbonate' - bicarbonate of soda, as used in cleaning and baking
'calcium carbonate' - chalk

An expensive combo from a chemist when a little drum of bicarb from a grocer does just the same
The dr gave me a massive bottle of gaviscon and some anti-sickness tablets that i wont be taking

will pick up some bicarb tomorrow. had a massive kitchen cupboard clean out yesterday and chucked everything open which is typical lol, if the bicarb does the job then i would prefer it over the gaviscon.

Old 09-02-2009, 18:33   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
The dr gave me a massive bottle of gaviscon and some anti-sickness tablets that i wont be taking

will pick up some bicarb tomorrow. had a massive kitchen cupboard clean out yesterday and chucked everything open which is typical lol, if the bicarb does the job then i would prefer it over the gaviscon.
Since you got the Gaviscon free on prescription you may as well use it.
The thickener will make it more palatable than bicarb alone
I posted that info for people who pay for prescriptions or who buy from chemists

Last edited by MargaretR; 09-02-2009 at 18:35.
Old 09-02-2009, 18:37   #15
Senior Member+

i tried to buy some before but the chemists wouldnt let me, felt a bit stupid going to the dr's for it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..