Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2013, 19:15   #1
Junior Member+

Information Please!

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me with some information regarding a haunted house in Church?.
Reports I have found from the Accy Observer suggests a house on Queensway at Church suffered paronaomal activity, this was around I believe 1993?.... I wondered if anyone knows the number of the house and if anyone has any further knowledge?.. Thanks in advance for your help
latheaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2013, 19:29   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Information Please!

According to the observer, it was a semi detached. There are only two semi`s on queensway, all the rest are in rows of four. I don`t know which one of the two it is though.

Spooky tales of a haunted Hyndburn - Accrington Observer
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 19:55   #3
God Member

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml#post894631

see post #73

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 20:09   #4
Junior Member+

Theres only one block of semi detached on Queensway and 10 Quasi semi's and I know the people living in them two and they have been there for years so the dates dont match so I think it would have been a quasi semi we are talking about...
Any info on the web seems to be just a copy and paste job from the Observer...
Old 26-10-2013, 20:19   #5
Senior Member+

A mate of mine lived on there a long time ago (before I was mates with him) he had similar stories to the one in the observer. Don`t know exactly which house it was, but I think it was 1/2 to 3/4 way as you go up. I`ll ask next time I see him.
Old 26-10-2013, 20:43   #6
Junior Member+

I would appreciate it if you would thanks....
Old 26-10-2013, 20:58   #7
God Member

go to the bottom of queensway, near meadoway and it is the fifth or sixth house up just across from the shop, the family who where living in the house at the time it was reported as being haunted where called hesmondalgh, i remember it well as a teenager
Old 26-10-2013, 21:04   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
go to the bottom of queensway, near meadoway and it is the fifth or sixth house up just across from the shop, the family who where living in the house at the time it was reported as being haunted where called hesmondalgh, i remember it well as a teenager
Must be fifth one then, sixth isn`t a semi.
Old 26-10-2013, 21:13   #9
Senior Member+

Just had a text back from my mate, he lived at number 16. Can`t make out the numbers on google maps to see if it`s the same house.
Old 26-10-2013, 22:08   #10
Junior Member+

So from the info from both of you it was either number 10 or 16??
Old 26-10-2013, 22:15   #11
Senior Member+

Where my mate lived is definite, it was 16. Not necessarily the same house as reported in early 90`s. But it seems they are the same row of 4 houses. Perhaps the ghost likes to wander.
Can I ask, why the interest?
Old 26-10-2013, 23:12   #12
Junior Member+

Well it looks like no 10 then... Regarding the interest, I live on that road, we have lived here for around 12 years but a few things have been kinda happening lately so decided to have a look round the net and I found the story....Just checking what house it was....
Old 26-10-2013, 23:23   #13
Senior Member+

Not a believer myself. I`ve lived in a "haunted" house, the only people who saw anything, were the ones who wanted to.
Are you close to No. 10.
A family lived at No. 8 for a long time (Varleys, not there now I don`t think) and another mate lives on there close by with no problems.
Old 26-10-2013, 23:42   #14
Junior Member+

No not number 10 and no 8 is empty at the moment and has been for quite a while...
Old 26-10-2013, 23:53   #15
Senior Member+

Previous occupants of No. 8 lived there since the 80`s at least. Kids grew up and moved out (I remember Neil Varley lived there), Pat, his dad, died a few years ago. Pats wife moved out a while after, don`t know where she moved to, Another mate lived at no. 6 and was friendly with Pat. No mention of any spooky goings on from that side.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..