Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2007, 23:19   #1
Junior Member+

Information Request

Hi Guys and Gals,
I was windering if you could help someone from over the border (Manchester). I dont know why, but i've had the opportunity to visit Accrington recently and for some reason I'm beginning to fall for it. So much so that I am considering moving there.
However, I have no clue as to what it's like the good the bad the indifferent, so if anone can help me with this i'd be glad to recieve your replies.
Is it a good place to live, what's happening, are you all friendly to us stangers? or is it like getting in the mason's ( like where I am now).
I hope you'll be nice to me......awaititng your replies
Jane
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2007, 23:24   #2
I am Banned

Re: Information Request

Hi & welcome to the local madhouse

In answer to your question, its good to live here well its home, yeh we are a friendly protective bunch on the whole
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 23:26   #3
Give, give, give member

Hello and welcome.

It's very friendly, the people are the plus side. The minus side is that there is much less to do here than in Manchester, though it's not that far to go back to visit if you miss the bright lights too much.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 23:27   #4
God Member

Hello Jane welcome to accyweb

It's not bad, it's my favourite place to be The Council are a bunch of incompetent ****s but other than that yeah it's not bad Good luck with the move
Old 14-01-2007, 23:28   #5
Give, give, give member

Fot the price of a skinny Latte in Manchester, you can get a whole load of shopping in one of our many pound shops.

Old 14-01-2007, 23:29   #6
Junior Member+

Thanks guys, want to get away from the bright lights.looks like i've had a change of heart, prefer somewhere with decent people down to earth not mup thier own opinions and keeping up with the jones' lot.
look like my type of people!
cheers
Jane
Old 14-01-2007, 23:30   #7
I am Banned

Have u got a place to move into in mind or looking Jane?
Old 14-01-2007, 23:31   #8
God Member

Hiya Jane

I moved here in November so I'm afraid I'm still on probation terms to tell you what it's like. So far it's been fine but as you mentioned the Masons there are one or two on here who like a funny handshake but I don't think it's fair to discuss peoples sex lives
Old 14-01-2007, 23:32   #9
Give, give, give member

I'm from here, but spent half my life in London, and a little bit in Glasgow. Moving home was the best thing I ever did. Compared with the cities, the people here are genuinely the salt of the earth.

Good luck with what you decide to do.

Old 14-01-2007, 23:33   #10
God Member

Hiya Jane and welcome to accyweb.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 23:39   #11
Junior Member+

well you sound a good laugh up to now, but the important part! what is there to do there, pubs etc. Will people welcome me and my friendly visitors to your town or will I have the same problem I had in a pub on the outskirts of Bury? As soon as they heard us order a drink, everyone went into freeze frame, and after our second drink the landlord turned the music off, and actually stated this was a pub for locals and more importantly to him MALE locals!
What is there to do, are the pubs full of kids like Manchester or are there some for us old ones?
cheers
Old 14-01-2007, 23:42   #12
God Member

There's enough choice. Yes you have the kiddy wanna-be drinkers but there's enough pubs for us lot too.
Old 14-01-2007, 23:46   #13
Junior Member+

cheers tinkerbelle, i've been searching the web what's Burnley Road like as an area? never been there so have no clue
Old 14-01-2007, 23:46   #14
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
well you sound a good laugh up to now, but the important part! what is there to do there, pubs etc. Will people welcome me and my friendly visitors to your town or will I have the same problem I had in a pub on the outskirts of Bury? As soon as they heard us order a drink, everyone went into freeze frame, and after our second drink the landlord turned the music off, and actually stated this was a pub for locals and more importantly to him MALE locals!
What is there to do, are the pubs full of kids like Manchester or are there some for us old ones?
cheers

PMSL. That sounds like Royston Vasey. It's not like that here, they might turn the music up when you walk in, but not off.

Old 14-01-2007, 23:49   #15
I am Banned

Its like most towns we have the kiddie teens element & the grown up pubs hehehehehe so u will be fine, im sure u will be ok Accy has had a few contingents of families move here from Manchester, we're used to it so no alien from mars atmospheres here

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..