Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2015, 19:26   #46
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Is Accrington going to become a haven for the homeless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
sounds like an accurate description of myself
Nah, I've met you, you'd be too enthusiastic trying to give satisfaction to remember about charging.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-01-2015, 19:31   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Nah, I've met you, you'd be too enthusiastic trying to give satisfaction to remember about charging.
lol when my mate from school days s sozzled hes always trying to hug... Time for me to RUN....
Old 29-01-2015, 19:34   #48
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
lol when my mate from school days s sozzled hes always trying to hug... Time for me to RUN....
Well of course you ran, though I imagine you never ran so fast that he couldn't catch up, otherwise neither of you would have had much fun.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 23:55   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
The government spend millions, perhaps even billions, on trying to keep the government away from shame, to help in that they divert our attention to situations abroad, you however always without knowing it, bring the subject back to the main thing they should invest in, EDUCATION, because without you knowing at least a little, the rest of us stand no chance, we have to fight your idiocy as well as the rest of the world.
Quote:
The plain fact is, you probably don't give a monkey's about anything including the un-housed, you just want to post, you don't care if it's a good post, a good thread, or a good subject, you are gifted with an imagination that allows you to post without thinking and without knowing anything worthwhile about any subject you post in.
I take it your out of the 'group hug' too?

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2015, 05:50   #50
Senior Member+

I heard there was a fire at our local homeless persons sleeping quarters so i decided to drop him a parcel off (nothing much just a bit of food,hat,scarf,gloves and socks).
Tell you what,I don't envy anyone that sleeps ruff

DSCF4436.jpg

password--Accyweb
Old 24-02-2015, 00:24   #51
God Member

i read he had switched locations and the stuff that was set fire to was stuff he had left behind

he could go to shelter anytime and get help but its his protest and i wont tell him how to protest infact iv read many have offered to help him but he refuses help

a lot of anger has brewed up over his belongings been torched but by what iv read on facebook he had left them behind after switching to a new sleeping location and unfortunatley if you abandon or dump a pile of crap where kids and vandals can see it in plain sight it will get set fire to eventually.Even our MP graham jones took to facebook worrying about this mans gear been burned.

if people feel they must help the homeless there are many genuine cases of people who did not ask to be homeless or make themselves homeless and shelter are always looking for help to help these genuine people

in my younger years i found myself homeless and lived on the streets for almost 6 months or to be more specific i slept in bus shelters , train shelters, the old bowlig green shelters up the coppice and occasionally in the back of waggons.If it was really cold the police would let me sit in the waiting area at accy station if it wasnt busy to warm up.I held down a full time job and saved what i could from my YTS to get my deposit for a flat so when i hear of people intentionally making themselves homeless it kinda pi**es me off a touch especially when by what iv read elswhere hes getting sympthy because stuff he basically fly tipped got set on fire
Restless and Accyexplorer like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 00:48   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i read he had switched locations and the stuff that was set fire to was stuff he had left behind

he could go to shelter anytime and get help but its his protest and i wont tell him how to protest infact iv read many have offered to help him but he refuses help

a lot of anger has brewed up over his belongings been torched but by what iv read on facebook he had left them behind after switching to a new sleeping location and unfortunatley if you abandon or dump a pile of crap where kids and vandals can see it in plain sight it will get set fire to eventually.Even our MP graham jones took to facebook worrying about this mans gear been burned.

if people feel they must help the homeless there are many genuine cases of people who did not ask to be homeless or make themselves homeless and shelter are always looking for help to help these genuine people

in my younger years i found myself homeless and lived on the streets for almost 6 months or to be more specific i slept in bus shelters , train shelters, the old bowlig green shelters up the coppice and occasionally in the back of waggons.If it was really cold the police would let me sit in the waiting area at accy station if it wasnt busy to warm up.I held down a full time job and saved what i could from my YTS to get my deposit for a flat so when i hear of people intentionally making themselves homeless it kinda pi**es me off a touch especially when by what iv read elswhere hes getting sympthy because stuff he basically fly tipped got set on fire
That's a fair and honest comment,though I would say he's still genuine even if it is through choice.
Their was a chap sleeping their as my pic shows,not sure if it was the same chap,he ended up with a few extras when he woke up whoever it was

One thing I did notice is, he seemed to be doing pretty well for someone in his situation (his gear looked fresh) as apposed to those folk like you say who end up homeless through no fault of their own.

password--Accyweb
Old 24-02-2015, 02:08   #53
God Member

one minute folk are condeming how the town is and like me have mentioned homeless people been allowed to set up camp outside blockbusters at 2.30pm saturday afternoon then the next minute folk are setting up a donation page and handing him donations

if he must protest in this way maybe dumping himself and his gear on the nearest labour MPs or councilors doorstep because its them who control the council or nearest conservitive coucnilor as the torys brought in the bedroom tax might be more fruitfull

i have no gripe with the homeless im not about to act out scenes from the clockwork orange film and start kicking tramps to death but this seems to be a very poorly thought out protest and dosnt seem to be working either

he should pack in before his health is seriously effected.When i was homeless i was young and it effected my health so god knows how hes going to be effected

The council wont help him now because he intentionally made himself homeless and it would be unfair to those who are already seeking somewhere to live but with the publicity hes got at the moment someone might offer him a flat or something that wont get hit with bedroom tax
Less likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 24-02-2015 at 02:13.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..