Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2010, 18:13   #121
Resting in Peace

Re: is accyweb dying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well, John...it has been known to happen.....compliments sometimes turn heads.....and sometimes inflate ego's too!
Ya but not our Neil Margaret surely
Old 27-08-2010, 18:22   #122
God Member

Quote:
Threads are like a conversation in real life...sometimes it meanders off the subject, but usually gets back on track again.

For some people Accyweb is their link to the outside community. Some people who post on here, find it difficult to get out and about, but can keep in touch with what is happening by coming on Accyweb.
Hedman, you could learn to live and let live. If you don't like the forum, then don't visit it...it isn't compulsory to be part of it.
And some of us live a ways off
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 18:34   #123
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post

You might live along way off Eric, but it would appear that there's a small part of Canada that shall be forever Clayton.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 18:36   #124
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Missing you already
Old 27-08-2010, 18:40   #125
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Can i ask what was behind the thread entwisi? know ya said n incident up spring hill, but that don't seem right to me, as i said earlier ya been a member many years n seen how hot n cold things can go, n perhaps nobody was aware of it, or anyone was they may just be used/ immune to bothering, seems to me thats very much part of life these days.
Old 27-08-2010, 19:23   #126
God Member

is was genuinely that i was surprised that no thread existed. i did sort of also feel that the number of 'core' posters was dwindling with the likes of mez, harwood red, acccyman(chav1)nettie, lettie, sparks, willow, grannyclaret, doug, and many others that just dont seem to pop on much at all any more. i know that some of you can type the hind legs offf a donkey and that but it just did sort of feel that it wasnt a short term thing and just felt that it was more than a temp blip.

Neither was it a dig at anyone or accyweb itself.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 19:41   #127
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Fair enough, some of those ya mention have genuine reasons fer absence, leaving etc, which ya probably not aware of.
Old 27-08-2010, 23:23   #128
Give, give, give member

Accy Web's like a soap opera.

Sometimes there's a good story line, with a gripped audience. At other times there isn't.

Actors come and go, but the show still goes on.

No one person is irreplaceable.

People come.

People go.

A little like like itself.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2010, 03:09   #129

I am Not a regular but Question was 'is accy web dying ?'
9 pages later so i suppose the answer is
NO
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2010, 08:37   #130
God Member

Dont post like I used to but always around to have a nosy and see if something is happening. If I have a comment I will put it on or get a good laugh at some even let loose with both barrels once every 3rd blue moon after the 5th green sun and 4th yellow herring.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2010, 09:01   #131
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Dont post like I used to but always around to have a nosy and see if something is happening. If I have a comment I will put it on or get a good laugh at some even let loose with both barrels once every 3rd blue moon after the 5th green sun and 4th yellow herring.
Always knew you were a regular trouble maker on here SPUGS
Old 28-08-2010, 09:06   #132
God Member

Quote:
Well, John...it has been known to happen.....compliments sometimes turn heads.....and sometimes inflate ego's too!
Yeah, but don't inflate too much ... could get messy
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2010, 10:39   #133
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Always knew you were a regular trouble maker on here SPUGS

I take things as they come good or bad. Everyone has an opinion that even if I disagree with I will respect. Takes a lot to rile me into shotgun posts as it is first and foremost a family site.

As for me making trouble or causing it then its as rare as a pinkish elephant. Stirring up aggro can demean the site so if I do I deserve what i get.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 28-08-2010, 14:28   #134
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
I take things as they come good or bad. Everyone has an opinion that even if I disagree with I will respect. Takes a lot to rile me into shotgun posts as it is first and foremost a family site.

As for me making trouble or causing it then its as rare as a pinkish elephant. Stirring up aggro can demean the site so if I do I deserve what i get.
Howwwweeee Spugs was only pulling your leggy weggy
Old 28-08-2010, 18:10   #135
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Howwwweeee Spugs was only pulling your leggy weggy
So thats why i was having trouble walking to the chemist. No need for the doc visit now.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..