Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2009, 16:12   #1
God Member

is this ad racist ?

a new ad running on German TV seems to be upsetting one or two folks , what do you think .......
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-10-2009, 16:18   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: is this ad racist ?

Racist no.

Though Islam isn't a race, but a religion.

I think it's quite a clever advertisment, because besides being 'sexy' it grabs your attention, because of the suprise twist.

Though I'd have taken it one step further, and shown her lifting her robes at the end...and standing at a urinal.

Double whammy.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 16:24   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Racist no.

I think it's quite a clever advertisment, because besides being 'sexy' it grabs your attention, because of the suprise twist.

Though I'd have taken it one step further, and shown her lifting her robes at the end...and standing at a urinal.

Double whammy.

agree the title of the post is wrong should have read ..is this ad offensive , realized that after I had clicked the submit button , but no way to edit thread titles
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 16:32   #4
Give, give, give member

I used to have a lot of Arab clients, and you'd have these fabulously wealthy women dressed head to toe in black, and fully veiled, and the only way they could show they publicly cared about their image was that they all wore No.1 perfume by Clive Christian, which is about £185,000.00 per bottle.

It was such a sweet smell that I never spent much time wondering what else they were wearing.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 19:23   #5
Senior Member+

true not racist. Since as garinda says islam is religion. And the woman is quite obviously not a muslim because its against their religion to show thier face in public or something such when they wear a veil and the fact she shows her body off...especially her legs.

Id say the add was ignorant at best hehe
Old 30-10-2009, 20:20   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Racist no.

Double whammy.

You got a twisted sense of humour rindy.....but I love it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..