Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2007, 12:15   #106
Resident Waffler

Re: Is This Love?

I've lost that post I was going to give you karma for Less. Have we had a thread deleted?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-06-2007, 12:24   #107
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I've lost that post I was going to give you karma for Less. Have we had a thread deleted?
You'd have to ask the mods.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 13:06   #108
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

emmm a name for your kitty.........for some strange reason Tic-Tac comes to mindeek.gif
Old 29-06-2007, 18:41   #109
Yank in King Art's Court!

Less, a bit of kitten/cat information. Cats will drink out of the toilet even if you have the freshest water in a bowl. Dogs are worse as they tend to drip as they run out of the bathroom.

Brian

I better clarify that at least "American" cats, okay maybe just Culpeper cats do this.

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 18:53   #110
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Less, a bit of kitten/cat information. Cats will drink out of the toilet even if you have the freshest water in a bowl. Dogs are worse as they tend to drip as they run out of the bathroom.

Brian

I better clarify that at least "American" cats, okay maybe just Culpeper cats do this.

No, you're right, Cheshire cats do it too. They also sit in the empty bath and pat the taps in the hope of the odd drip. The bowl of water in the kitchen is looked on with disdain and is only used to drop bits of food into.
Old 29-06-2007, 19:42   #111
Beacon of light

My cats spurn tap water put into their dish, but one of them will climb into the kitchen sink waiting for drops straight from the tap....other than that they seem to prefer the rusty water that collects in the top of a drain cover in my back yard....or muddy water from puddles.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 23:10   #112
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
They also sit in the empty bath and pat the taps in the hope of the odd drip. The bowl of water in the kitchen is looked on with disdain and is only used to drop bits of food into.
Ours do that too.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:46   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
My cats spurn tap water put into their dish, but one of them will climb into the kitchen sink waiting for drops straight from the tap....other than that they seem to prefer the rusty water that collects in the top of a drain cover in my back yard....or muddy water from puddles.
Quite simply because they hate the chlorine in our tap water. Give them bottled water and they will happily drink it.
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:53   #114
Beacon of light

well, if they don't like the chlorine, why does one of them sit under the tap and wait for drops?
I have to say that the one who drinks from muddy puddles is the 'adopted' stray cat who has lived wild for most of his (I guess) 3 or 4 years....only recently (18 months ago) being admitted into a cat loving household.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:55   #115
Resting in Peace

Yep ours will only drink from the tap or sink never her bowl for some reason
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 13:03   #116
Resident Waffler

mad isn't it when it's the same water? Cats are weird - but adoreable.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:07   #117

Well I almost named it today, it has decided that it is a parrot and perches on my shoulder so that it can chew my ear when it wants attention, so I was considering 'Polly'.

Now though I'm not so sure because it's gone off somewhere for a sulk. It was it's own fault, after all, even a tiny kitten can become a bit of a weight when it hasn't moved for three quarters of an hour, so when I adjusted my back I didn't know it had fallen asleep it was so relaxed it rolled straight off my shoulder and onto the floor.

The look of shock and disgust on it's face as it bounced a couple of times then it sort of went all embarrassed and slinked off somewhere trying to make it seem like it had meant to do that anyway.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:16   #118
Resident Waffler

I love it when they do that! One of ours took a flying leap at a chair the other day, misjudged and shot right over. Then walked away with an "I meant to do that" expression.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:20   #119
God Member

Better whatch what he is doing people might frown on his pussy bashing and take it of him. Better have a nice meal ready for the poor thing and appology before it falls out with you Less .

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2007, 05:31   #120

Well, I can see disaster looming over the horizon, if I don't find some way soon to screw down my flat screen monitor the cat with no name will soon have it on the floor, it likes to join in any fast moving games that I play such as pin ball chasing the ball across the screen and trying to catch it.

This was fine when it was a wee little mite but as it grows bigger it's putting more weight behind it's punches and unlike the old C.R.T. monitors this one is proving itself quite willing to move in the direction of the floor!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..