Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2007, 19:39   #1
God Member

Is this really necessary?

Accrington Observer - Horror of dead baby rabbits in backyard

In today's Observer there was a picture accompanying a story about a couple who had had some decapitated baby rabbits dumped in their back yard. The picture in the paper was the same one as the picture you can see in the link I have posted above, only the picture in the paper was clearer than that. You could easily make out the bodies,heads,feet and ears of the rabbits scattered about the yard. I don't object to the reporting of the story as I realise that such things sadly do happen these days but I do find the picture inappropriate. I found it very upsetting and do not think it was necessary. I don't think that this picture should have been printed at all. What do you think?
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-08-2007, 20:08   #2
God Member

Re: Is this really necessary?

I also thought the photo was a bit too much, though it wont affect some people at all, the article painted the picture well enough in my opinion.
Old 24-08-2007, 20:54   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
I also thought the photo was a bit too much, though it wont affect some people at all, the article painted the picture well enough in my opinion.
I agree we don't need pictures like these when they are accompanied with a vivid write up!!!
Old 24-08-2007, 20:55   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I agree we don't need pictures like these when they are accompanied with a vivid write up!!!
In fact we don't need pictures like these full stop!!
Old 24-08-2007, 21:02   #5
God Member

Aint seen it but can imagine what the whole thing looks like.

Just looked online at the story and that is to put it very mildly sick. Hope they catch the scum soon.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Last edited by SPUGGIE J; 24-08-2007 at 21:07. Reason: update
SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 23:13   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

pictures of such things also amuse the cretins on u-tube as one who has very little faith in the media its hardly surprising! sick pictures from sick media.
Old 25-08-2007, 00:52   #7
God Member

You still bought the paper though didn't you Lilly?
If people still bought the paper then the editors won't be bothered in the slightest.

I'd agree that it's inappropriate for a front page, but with the state of general content in that rag it doesn't surprise me.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2007, 06:38   #8

this is one thing that really gets to me. I cant stand seeing things like this happen to animals with no way to defend themselves. Id love to work for the RSPCA but i know id end up beating the crap out of someone for what they did.
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2007, 07:21   #9
God Member

i know what you mean aleks, i read this on the way to blackpool yesterday and i was disgusted
Old 25-08-2007, 09:26   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
If people still bought the paper then the editors won't be bothered in the slightest.

I'd agree that it's inappropriate for a front page, but with the state of general content in that rag it doesn't surprise me.
the pictures not on the front page shaker.
Old 25-08-2007, 10:05   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I did. I get it delivered to my house every Friday morning so I don't see what's in it every week before buying it. I'm sure there are others in the same situation. We should not need to check the paper for distasteful images before we buy it. I take your point though, if nobody bought the paper they wouldn't be able to print these pictures or anything else for that matter because they'd have no customers.
Old 25-08-2007, 10:23   #12
Resting in Peace

If you dont like the pic in the Observer why post a link to it on a family site like this one
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2007, 10:48   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
If you dont like the pic in the Observer why post a link to it on a family site like this one
I only posted the link because I wanted to get other people's opinions on the picture and I thought that they wouldn't be able to give an opinion if they hadn't already seen the picture in the paper.
Apologies if I've offended anyone. Perhaps I shouldn't have posted the link, I take your point about this being a family site but I never intended to cause offence, only to have a discussion.
If anyone doesn't want this link to remain on here could they report it to you for you to remove it?
Old 25-08-2007, 10:52   #14
Resting in Peace

no problem i can do that
nobody has reported it i was just asking a question
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2007, 11:31   #15
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

No, the picture isn't necessary! However could this be yet another none story?

Could the killers of these young rabbits be in the back yard? Dogs are dogs, and if they are able to escape from the back yard then they might have come across these young rabbits killed them and taken them home making a feast of the meaty bits and leaving the ripped off remains for all to see?

I'm not saying this is, what happened but it seems just as likely to me as a person throwing rabbit remains into someone's yard.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..