Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2016, 16:20   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Jon Anderson from Yes

I think it great that there has been a posting on this thread, which started in 2003
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-12-2016, 21:45   #17
Full Member+

Jon lived at 13 Norfolk st in the 1960 s. Think his brother Stuart still lives up Royds ave.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 20:46   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Jon lived at 13 Norfolk st in the 1960 s. Think his brother Stuart still lives up Royds ave.
His brother Tony lives on the Isle of Wight (?) Their sister died a couple of years ago.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:42   #19
Full Member+

Hi Bob, when you say their sister died do you mean Joy,or are you mixed up with Tonys wife Eileen
Old 11-12-2016, 15:22   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Hi Bob, when you say their sister died do you mean Joy,or are you mixed up with Tonys wife Eileen
I was also wondering if it was Joy? Never seen her since i was about 17/18 always wondered what became of her.
Old 11-12-2016, 15:56   #21

Jon Anderson,(Curly), as he was known, used to live in Spring Street, (Spring Hill), in the early 1960s; I say this with the knowledge that my wife also lived in Spring Street at the same time and knew him very well, he would have been 13 or 14 at the time.

His first job was at the Nori brickworks, where a lifelong friend of mine taught him how to turn the ginny wagons that ran under Whinny Hill from the now known as Whinney Hill quarry.

The aforsaid friend always remarks that his main claim to fame was instructing the millionaire half of Jon and Vangelis how to work in a big hole in the ground.

Your's as ever Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 19:42   #22
Senior Member+

I was referring to Joy. Tony has remarried after his wife's death. His new wife was one of the congregation of the church at which he was pastor. I think that they still visit prisons to sing to prisoners and hope to give them the Christian message.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:55   #23
Full Member+

think you have got the wrong Jon, in 1960 Jon would be 16 as for working in the brickyard he didn't have the energy for physical work or the inclination.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:08   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Jon Anderson,(Curly), as he was known, used to live in Spring Street, (Spring Hill), in the early 1960s; I say this with the knowledge that my wife also lived in Spring Street at the same time and knew him very well, he would have been 13 or 14 at the time.

His first job was at the Nori brickworks, where a lifelong friend of mine taught him how to turn the ginny wagons that ran under Whinny Hill from the now known as Whinney Hill quarry.

The aforsaid friend always remarks that his main claim to fame was instructing the millionaire half of Jon and Vangelis how to work in a big hole in the ground.

Your's as ever Taddy.
Quote:
think you have got the wrong Jon, in 1960 Jon would be 16 as for working in the brickyard he didn't have the energy for physical work or the inclination.
I assume yer referring to taddys post ferret man? I am near sure Jon @ family were not on spring st early 60s, norfolk st as you said sounds right, i wasn't sure but he was defo living around yon.
Old 12-12-2016, 14:14   #25
Full Member+

First of all I am sorry to say that BOB was right about JOY dying, but I have been informed that for the last few years she was very happy and also had, if there is such a thing a very nice send off. 2nd yes Cashy I was referring to Taddys post. I'm not good on these things nather. 3rd just had it confirmed, Jon never lived on springhill road, or worked at the brickworks.
cashman likes this.
Old 12-12-2016, 14:16   #26
Full Member+

sorry, Spring street.
Old 13-12-2016, 07:58   #27
Mog

Bob. Tony does live on the IOW Here he is with his present wife Suzanne.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13619950_10209711690618393_8062559432188726640_n.jpg (57.6 KB, 11 views)
cashman likes this.
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 10:21   #28

Quote:
First of all I am sorry to say that BOB was right about JOY dying, but I have been informed that for the last few years she was very happy and also had, if there is such a thing a very nice send off. 2nd yes Cashy I was referring to Taddys post. I'm not good on these things nather. 3rd just had it confirmed, Jon never lived on springhill road, or worked at the brickworks.
Just checked with my mate and he is adament that at the age o 16 or 17 he worked in the Nori quarry with John (as he was then, before he removed the H)
It seems that we shall have to agree to differ.

I may have got the bit aboout Spring Street wrong though, my wife knew John when they were children, he was always known as Curly and he was brought up in the (Spring Hill Area).

Your's, Taddy
Old 13-12-2016, 13:10   #29

After taxing the memories of ancient friends and comparing them with my own and my wifes
memories; I am 99% sure that the above John/Jon/Curly, Anderson did used to live (for however long), on Spring Street in the early 60s. His parents house was on the top block on the left coming from Fairfield Street.

My wife's family used to live on the top block on the right at the same time and he did work at the now defuct Nori brickyard.

Stay happy, Your's Taddy.
Old 14-12-2016, 06:01   #30
Senior Member+

I've dropped a line to Tony. I asked if he still had a D.A.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..