Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2016, 07:31   #31
Mog

Re: Jon Anderson from Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
After taxing the memories of ancient friends and comparing them with my own and my wifes
memories; I am 99% sure that the above John/Jon/Curly, Anderson did used to live (for however long), on Spring Street in the early 60s. His parents house was on the top block on the left coming from Fairfield Street.

My wife's family used to live on the top block on the right at the same time and he did work at the now defuct Nori brickyard.

Stay happy, Your's Taddy.
I first met Jon in 1958. I moved to St Christopher's and so did Jon. I moved from St Peters and as far as I know Jon came from St Johns in Accrington. He lived on Norfolk street. He left school at Christmas 1960 he stilled lived in Norfolk street when he was with the warriors as their van was parked around that area. I never knew him working at Nori or any other brick works but he did work on a farm around the area as he used to deliver milk. I played football with him from 1958 till 1960 and I never knew him as Curly nor did I ever knew him living in Spring Hill. I could be wrong but I shall check with my old mate.
cashman likes this.
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-12-2016, 10:23   #32
Full Member+

Sorry Taddy I think you and your friends have become a victim of a factoid (thanks to Bradly Walsh and the Chase I found out a factoid is something that keeps getting repeated from person to person then they start believing its true.) In 1963 and onward I spent quite a bit of time in 13 Norfolk st and I can assure you that information I gave previous is correct. P.S. I also confirmed this with his sister-in-law.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 10:49   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Also Mog is still in touch with Tony @ sees him occasionally on the I.O.W. so stuff he says is straight from the horses gob, so to speak.
Old 14-12-2016, 18:24   #34

What ever, but although the bloke is now a world wide celebrity, if anyone can ever get in touch with the man and he is forthright about his past; he will admit that he once served in a big hole in the ground,(Whinney Hill Quarry), with a big lad known at the time as (Big D ),when they were both in there teenage year's.

If the man wishes to deny this, then o/k I will leave it at that. I do not wish to be taken to court for any deformation of character. Your's Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2017, 18:49   #35

Ian used to live in Downham Dve, Fern Gore round the corner from Mick Foster
Julian Dearden is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..