Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2009, 11:31   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Junk Mail?

just wondered do ya think junk mail really pays off or is just a waste of money n effort? we normally get this dross daily, 2/3 times a day at weekends,at our house it just goes straight into the re-cycling bag, end of story.
Old 22-02-2009, 12:09   #2
God Member

Re: Junk Mail?

Goes straight in my recycling sack as well a waste of time and effort IMO
Old 22-02-2009, 12:11   #3
Give, give, give member

Any flers for takeaways go straight into the recycling sack, and I seem to get at least one per day.

I suppose it must be worth their while to do it, but I've never ordered anything this way.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 12:29   #4
Resting in Peace

I've started shredding it all and giving it to a friend who uses it on his allotment for the chickens.
Not sure what he does with it!!

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 20:11   #5
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

mine goes in the recycle bin too, i mostly get take away ones from kebab shops!, IMO, if they have to send em door to door, then they must be poo!
Old 22-02-2009, 20:33   #6
Senior Member+

mines go straight into the recycling bag and I often wonder how much money these takeaways and whatever else they are companys lose by posting them through peoples doors..it must be far more than what they get foot traffic coming through their door due to leaflet drops...
I once stood behind my door holding the letterbox shut so the guy couldnt post it through..he tried and tried and then gave up..victory to me I thought...opened the door and he was gone but had left a flyer on my railings !!
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 21:48   #7
Full Member+

If there is a post-paid return envelope in the junk mail, rip up the tat and return it to the sender.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 22:04   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
If there is a post-paid return envelope in the junk mail, rip up the tat and return it to the sender.
very little of that,mainly flyers, but thanks fer the idea mate.
Old 23-02-2009, 00:18   #9

why do we call it junk mail? everything else letter wise is post, so why do we use the american term for junk post?
Old 23-02-2009, 01:04   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
why do we call it junk mail? everything else letter wise is post, so why do we use the american term for junk post?
Because the Junk Mail Man delivers it.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 09:21   #11
Resting in Peace

I don't actually get much junk mail these days as I signed up with the GPO not to have it delivered to my home, in much the same way as the prefered callers list with BT. I just have to stop the Indian postal service delivering menu list and I've cracked it
Old 23-02-2009, 10:56   #12
God Member

I too signed up for the Mail preferance service - but nothing stops that irritating 'leaflet distribution' - and junk calendars from the council

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 11:39   #13
Senior Member+

i give them to ty, he likes cutting the pictures up and making collages with them. we dont eat much takeaway (as mrskitty will tell you lol
mrskitty-"what do you usually get from the takeaway?"
tyler "nothing" )

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 11:50   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
i give them to ty, he likes cutting the pictures up and making collages with them. we dont eat much takeaway (as mrskitty will tell you lol
mrskitty-"what do you usually get from the takeaway?"
tyler "nothing" )
I know what Ty gets form the takeaway
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 11:54   #15
Senior Member+

lol, thats your fault !

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..