Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2008, 16:31   #1
Junior Member+

kick boxing

does anyone know of a kick boxig club for kids or any such club that will give my child help with bad behaviour .ty.
kiebrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2008, 17:41   #2
TJH

Re: kick boxing

There is a very good martial arts club in Blackburn www.ykjj.co.uk. In Burnley you have welcome & Accrington there is Steven Burton's Dragon Society School of Chinese Martial Arts. In Rishton Martial Arts Schools Directory - MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) - Masters of Martial Arts Rishton - Martial Edge.

Also in Accrington there is a Judo club which i think is called Pendle Judo and works out of Hyndburn Sports Centre.

In my mind Blackburn is the best place, there are dedicated classes for children and is really does work.

If you want any advice just give me a PM.
TJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 23:00   #3

I assume you have been down the road of finding out why the child is badly behaved, could be one of many or multiple factors giving rise to such behaviour.

If the behaviour of the child is already an issue why attempt to give him/her the skills whereby they could physically incapacitate anyone that challenges any future bad behaviour ?
Old 20-10-2008, 23:26   #4
K-P

karate and other martial arts.. presumably kick boxing.. teaches amongst other things...self discipline, perserverance,self control, modesty,integrity,courtesy, respect
Old 21-10-2008, 08:38   #5
God Member

There is a club that meets at the New Era on Thursday nights
Old 24-10-2008, 21:44   #6
Junior Member+

There is a well run Ju-Jitsu club in Accrington that may assist you, however it is very well subscribed. It is run by Max Robinson who is an excelent teacher/mentor. The club is usually run out of Oswaldtwistle community center.
STARTECHIE is offline   Reply With Quote

« Altham | Trainers »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..