Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2006, 23:41   #1

Question Lancashire tea

Hi
Could anyone please tell me if there is a Lancashire tea, I know there is a Yorkshire one, and if so if it can be bought online
Thanks
Siddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2006, 23:47   #2
white rabbits

Re: Lancashire tea

There used to be the brooke bonds factory in burnley,, but i am not sure you can get that any more
Old 06-04-2006, 23:51   #3

Thanks Grannyclaret, I read in friends of Lancashire that there was one available at Booths supermarket but as I live in Kent now, I believe this is a north west supermarket
Old 07-04-2006, 00:29   #4
land of hope and glory

there is lancashire tea ! you get a bag and shove it in the cup and pour boiling water over it! its easy mate just try it
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 00:30   #5
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
There used to be the brooke bonds factory in burnley,, but i am not sure you can get that any more
it was great harwood granny!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 00:33   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
there is lancashire tea ! you get a bag and shove it in the cup and pour boiling water over it! its easy mate just try it
Yes very good staggeringman there is always one isnt there
Old 07-04-2006, 11:14   #7
Resting in peace

You can get great tea in Clitheroe, they make a special one to suit the water there. I'll have a look next time I'm over there (either Easter or end of April) and see what I can find - it will be another excuse to meet up at the Dorchester - just you and me this time, ogling the waiters!!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:28   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
You can get great tea in Clitheroe, they make a special one to suit the water there. I'll have a look next time I'm over there (either Easter or end of April) and see what I can find - it will be another excuse to meet up at the Dorchester - just you and me this time, ogling the waiters!!
Hi ya Pendy
Sounds like you are trying to lead me astray again, just remember mine is the handsome waiter though hahaha
You say they make a great tea to suit the water but remember ours is the hardest water you can get (almost solid infact) so what suits Clitheroe wouldnt suit Kent, I dont think, Thanks for the offer, and I am green with envy, say hi to Lanky for me
Old 07-04-2006, 11:31   #9
Give, give, give member

Yorkshire tea?

You'll be telling us next they have vineyards over the otherside of the Pennines, as well as tea plantations.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:18   #10

They may well have vineyards
Next time you are in a supermarket take a look
Taylors of Harrogate make a Yorkshire tea, dont tell me they just sell it down south here in Kent or are you just winding me up
Old 07-04-2006, 17:19   #11
Beacon of light

Garinda....they DO do a Yorkshire Tea...and there are two varieties one for hard water and one for soft water. (I'm sure there is a joke in there somewhere...but I am trying to be refined)!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 22:17   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Garinda....they DO do a Yorkshire Tea...and there are two varieties one for hard water and one for soft water. (I'm sure there is a joke in there somewhere...but I am trying to be refined)!
I see where you were going with the water.

Although not a tea drinker I have seen Yorkshire tea in the shops, and just presumed it must be blended there, or blended for our Yorkshire cousins, nice and bitter.

I wonder how long before an EEC directive makes them change it's name? What with all that business that Eccles cakes, and Pontefract cakes can only be produced in their town of origin.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:10   #13
God Member

Erm, it is yorkshire tea, taylors of harogate are the only makers of yorkshire tea, or blenders of it, and harogate is in yorkshire, so therfore yorkshire tea really is yorkshire tea. Probably first blended up there and sold locally back when shops served the customer, instead of giving us empty shelves and blocking of the full ones with trolleys full of unstacked stock.
All this about it having to be made there is stupid, it's about the recipe not wherre it's made.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2006, 21:32   #14

Talking Re: Lancashire tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddie
Hi
Could anyone please tell me if there is a Lancashire tea, I know there is a Yorkshire one, and if so if it can be bought online
Thanks
ok for all you none believers out there, I will answer my own question

www.lancashiretea.co.uk
Old 05-05-2006, 18:45   #15

Thumbs up Re: Lancashire tea

Did anyone give Lancashire tea a try ?????
I did and I thought if was very good and can recommend it

go to www.lancashiretea.co.uk and give it a go

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..