Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2007, 12:12   #1
I am Banned

LCD/Plasma TV

Where could i get one cheap? Dont want to go on ebay and id like one about 19-20 inch (TV that is). Any ideas?
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2007, 12:26   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: LCD/Plasma TV

Have you tried the shoplifters down town? They always used to steal to order.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:36   #3

EMIT in simonstone, next to TIME computers has just re-opened as a LCD/PLASMA tv showroom.

My brother got a 32" lcd for £399. Beat that one anyone!

BTW they are not grade C(returned&repaired) stock, they are brand new unopened and carry a full 12months STAT gauruntee.
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:39   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
EMIT in simonstone, next to TIME computers has just re-opened as a LCD/PLASMA tv showroom.

BTW they are not grade C(returned&repaired) stock, they are brand new unopened and carry a full 12months STAT gauruntee.

Do they deliver on horseback and wearing a stetson ?
Old 09-04-2007, 12:39   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadah View Post
Where could i get one cheap? Dont want to go on ebay and id like one about 19-20 inch (TV that is). Any ideas?

i'm ever so glad you said tv
Old 09-04-2007, 12:44   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post

I used to work for time and would not have anything to do with them.
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 13:11   #7

have you tried electricals for less top of little blackurn road, we moved house and bought new fridge/freezer, HD TV, microwave, washing machine from them without any problems and good prices
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 14:28   #8
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

depends what you call cheap tadah
what price range??
second hand or new??
one ere at argos but £200..... http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/5290578.htm
Old 09-04-2007, 14:46   #9
Beacon of light

Aldi had one recently with an integral DVD slot and Freeview...it was around the £230 mark.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 17:49   #10
God Member

You can buy cheap but you'll always get cheap in return. stick to a decent brand and it will give a much better picture and be of better quality.

As for EMIT, I wouldn't touch them with anyones never mind my own. Particularly as they are just Time in another name who ripped off LOTS of people including some members of Accyweb for serious amounts of money.

Spud, I've recently been looking at buying a 32" LCD on behalf of MIL and did a LOT of reserach into it. In the end we got her a Samsung LE32R74 for 549 quid delivered. It has integrated IDTV and 3000:1 contrast, I think if you check your mates, his will be under 1000:1 contrast. Having set it up properly it is a superb picture and I would be happy to get one for myself.

(PS, Mackro currently have a Sony 55" True 1080 HD set going for 999(plus VAT) at the min which looks a superb deal if you can handle a screen that size.)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..