Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2010, 11:18   #1
Resting in Peace

Lights in the Sky

Was looking out the kitchen window last night after midnight, as there is usually a good fireworks display visible out the kitchen window. I was looking in the sky and there were these groups of lights moving very quickly from the Accy area basically over my place there must have been about 20 or 30 in the half an hour I was watching, they couldn't have been planes as they were to close together in groups of 4 and the odd 2 side by side. Just had a phone call from a mate who was telling me about the self same thing anybody else see them or have any idea what they were
Old 01-01-2010, 11:19   #2
God Member

Re: Lights in the Sky

Try this

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tle-51070.html
Old 01-01-2010, 11:40   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Ya I know dave, only saw the thread after I'd posted
Old 01-01-2010, 11:49   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya I know dave, only saw the thread after I'd posted
Thought your eyesight had improved ?
Old 01-01-2010, 12:55   #5

I thought we'd seen a UFO over Bury but it's some lazer lights in Manchester however last night we went out to watch the fireworks and there was a queue of planes flying South West towards Manchester airport but all in a perfect straight line, how odd it looked
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 14:02   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Was looking out the kitchen window last night after midnight, as there is usually a good fireworks display visible out the kitchen window. I was looking in the sky and there were these groups of lights moving very quickly from the Accy area basically over my place there must have been about 20 or 30 in the half an hour I was watching, they couldn't have been planes as they were to close together in groups of 4 and the odd 2 side by side. Just had a phone call from a mate who was telling me about the self same thing anybody else see them or have any idea what they were
Where you supping the same ale as me last night?
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:37   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
Where you supping the same ale as me last night?
Don't drink ale these days Bernard
Old 03-01-2010, 19:48   #8

CHINESE LANTERNS ,... we set a load of from the Moscow Mill Caravan site on New Years
GypoDec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 00:08   #9

Exclamation Re: Lights in the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypoDec View Post
CHINESE LANTERNS ,... we set a load of from the Moscow Mill Caravan site on New Years
some of the lights that people have seen all over the world will have been chinese lanterns but not all when you see a chinese lantern in the sky they wobble around and always travel in the direction of the wind but a lot of these orange balls in the sky still remain unidentified as they do not wobble and do not always move in the same direction as the wind also some of them stop dead in the sky or change colour just look for new years eve 2010 ufos on youtube or even put a randon date in youtube anytime between the end of 2008 till now with the word ufo in it another good vid is the moscow spiral in the sky.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:04   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrockman View Post
some of the lights that people have seen all over the world will have been chinese lanterns but not all when you see a chinese lantern in the sky they wobble around and always travel in the direction of the wind but a lot of these orange balls in the sky still remain unidentified as they do not wobble and do not always move in the same direction as the wind also some of them stop dead in the sky or change colour just look for new years eve 2010 ufos on youtube or even put a randon date in youtube anytime between the end of 2008 till now with the word ufo in it another good vid is the moscow spiral in the sky.
whilst I agree with you that some of the lights in the sky may not be lanterns and cannot be identified the moscow spiral in the sky has already been identifeid as one of russias own rockets spiralling out of control - this was confirmed by the russian military...looks good though..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:59   #11
mez
God Member

i was afraid of these lanterns when i saw them on new years eve i thought we had been invaded by alien forces & they were collecting information on us so i shut & locked my door. i found out last night that they were chinese lanterns that had been sent up by the church on blackburn rd i think its now called oasis it used to be called elim so we are safe ....yet again .
Old 07-01-2010, 10:46   #12

Quote:
Hi Jay, me and my son was watching the orange lights for a couple of hours on New Years eve and were convinced they were UFOs. Getting really excited I decided to film them as about 6 of them came over head out the back of our house. My son suddenly shouted `look at that` and their behind us floating over the roof about 20 yards up was.....
A Chinese Lantern. We were sooooo dissapointed

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..