Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2009, 10:15   #16
God Member

Re: Little white lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsusie View Post
Gosh Margaret didnt realise this had damaged my daughter so much!
Hell hope she doesnt resent n berated me forever.......
Pah
Just say sorry now - she will appreciate that

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-03-2009, 10:19   #17

nah she will tell me to come back in 15 minutes Margaret and say Sorry
planetsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 10:23   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
unless of course it doesnt need saying or hasnt been asked for I assume cashman? and will only hurt someone
if it don't need saying it don't get said,if it aint been asked for, if its asked for people get it straight,from me susie, if the answer hurts em, they shouldn't ask the question of me,
Old 19-03-2009, 10:40   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
if it don't need saying it don't get said,if it aint been asked for, if its asked for people get it straight,from me susie, if the answer hurts em, they shouldn't ask the question of me,
I think that's what they say is calling a spade is a shovel cashy, by our generation

Last edited by jaysay; 19-03-2009 at 10:42.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 10:40   #20
Resting in Peace

Definition:-

white lie n. An often trivial, diplomatic or well-intentioned untruth.

Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Sure we have all done it on occasions so as not to hurt or to generate a good outcome.

Was well intended thread, not an excuse to show people's whiter than white side ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 10:41   #21
Resting in Peace

I have to say I have never told little white lies in my life, flaming big ones yes, but little white ones, why bother
Old 19-03-2009, 10:43   #22
God Member

Governments tell us white lies all the time 'for our own good' - now who should decide what is good for us?

Old 19-03-2009, 10:44   #23
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I cant dumb it down enough....
I think it comes naturally to you keep it up!

Quote:
I dont tell her biggies like Father Christmas exists and stuff
haha
If she's a teenager I would have thought she'd worked that one out for herself unless she's a chip off the old block?

Quote:
ow stop being pedantic, hostile and unwelcoming. I already explained why I posted this
You asked, she answered, obviously Margaret claims not to tell white, green, blue or even black lies, (I personally think she may be fibbing), but I got my fingers burnt in a similar thread to this before when I mentioned that, (search for it if you're interested), so I always try to be nice to her.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 10:46   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
but I got my fingers burnt in a similar thread to this before when I mentioned that, (search for it if you're interested), so I always try to be nice to her.
My aim is to be fondly remembered

Old 19-03-2009, 10:55   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
If everyone told the truth all the time the world would be a better place.
Make a start - peaceful revolutions have small individual beginnings
yesterday i took ty to school, everyone was saying how well i looked.. i know that i looked like death warmed up but it made me feel better.... i think sometimes little lies are ok.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 11:12   #26

I'm with planetsusie on this. Little white lies like the one she put as an example are not the root cause of the world's ills as some people seem to think.
ALL children go through a phase of telling lies as part of their development (usually happens between 7 and 11). It has been scientifically proven. We see it on silly hidden tv shows where children are told not to do something then left alone, they promptly do whatever it is they were told not to, then deny it when asked by an adult.
It is the really big bad nasty lies that create the harm mainly brought on by jealousy and greed and the rest of society's ills.
It is built into each and every one of us and for anybody to say they don't tell little white lies is doing just that.

If we told the truth on everything just how far do you think you'd go in the world?? I'm betting it wouldn't be too far....

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 11:19   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I have this repetitive fib I tell my daughter. It happens whenever she has to be somewhere at an appointed time. I always tell her we have to leave 15 minutes earlier than we actually do.
Perhaps she lies to you too, and adjusts the time she tells you she has to be somewhere by fifteen minutes.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 11:29   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
yesterday i took ty to school, everyone was saying how well i looked.. i know that i looked like death warmed up but it made me feel better.... i think sometimes little lies are ok.
Has happened the other way to me Emamum ... somebody telling me what they 'saw as the truth' and that I didn't look very well, when in fact felt on the top of the world !
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 11:30   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
If we told the truth on everything just how far do you think you'd go in the world?? I'm betting it wouldn't be too far....
Sadly true - but when you have 'got there' you will find your joy marred by guilt (if you still have some humanity)

Old 19-03-2009, 11:35   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Has happened the other way to me Emamum ... somebody telling me what they 'saw as the truth' and that I didn't look very well, when in fact felt on the top of the world !
That happens to me quite a lot Katex Think the being run ragged all day by small children must be taking its toll on me
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..