Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 23:10   #1
Senior Member+

loft conversion - how much and whos reliable

thinking of getting our loft hatch made bigger with pull down ladders and the loft itself floored and walled..

how much would this set me back , whos had this done and who is reliable,good to work with ?

thanks
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-12-2008, 04:50   #2
God Member

Re: loft conversion - how much and whos reliable

Just on with this myself but there is a firm who advertise in the Telegraph and do it for £280 IIRC, they don't do the walls though, you get loft ladder, floor and a light.
I'd a lot more to do, taking a structure down that was in the loft and removing all the loose insulation as well as the muck that fell in from when we had the house re-roofed, put the hatch in with foldable ladder, strenghtened joists, floored and walled, just finishing it off now

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:27   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

It depends on what you want the space for. Even if it is only for storing junk, like mine, you may need to strengthen the ceiling joists. I had to rehang my ceiling as their were not enough hangers before I added the weight of flooring and junk. The ceiling had dropped quite a bit.

It also depends on the house - newer houses often have very little space in the loft as they use those prefabricated roof joists.
Old 09-12-2008, 16:55   #4

just a sugestion if you are interested the man next door to me does them he is called andrew acc 01254397811 maybe worth a try .
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 17:17   #5
K-P

theres someone on these very forums isnt there... pretty sure thats what willie miller in the ASFC section does. has his own business... better known as jase

i am 99% sure
Old 09-12-2008, 19:30   #6
Senior Member+

cheers for the info folks..will check out the peeps mentioned.
Old 09-12-2008, 21:31   #7
God Member

yep hes alright for a sheep chris..guess what happened on saturday popped up to ibrox and seen a goalfest..........
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 17:44   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
yep hes alright for a sheep chris..guess what happened on saturday popped up to ibrox and seen a goalfest..........
dont rub it in mate....but I hope you enjoyed it bud..
pm me your mobile number eh?...binned that last message you sent it on..
and I sent the guy you and kipax mentioned a pm so I guess I will wait and see if he replies..

will pm you later mate.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..