Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2015, 03:24   #1

looking for information

hi

I have recently come into the possession of a book its a pocket edition labelled "Handels Oratorio" "Judas Maccareus" on the inside cover it has the name Mr T Lee 40 Monk Street Accrignton. I am not sure how old the book is but on the front hard cover it has a War Price of 8/- so I am guessiing it is about 85 years old. Please correct me if I am wrong. I live in Perth Western Australia and back in the 80's /90's I travelled in an around Accrington and Oswaldtwistle extensively living in the area off and on for 2 years while I researched my heritage. These are the areas I spring from although I am a 4th generation Aussie.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who might know anything about the original owner of the book and if a family member reads this they may be interested in having it returned to them.

regards
Trevor Harris
trevorh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..