Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2011, 15:43   #91
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Making sculptures to go on the Coppice

not the brightest move ever made- calling the troops in.
Old 30-11-2011, 17:04   #92
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Please ignore Samuel, I know he only came on to defend his love, that's why I treated it as if I was talking straight to the thread starter.
Please, all of you check out her profile, she has up until now made 22 posts, 21 have been in this thread, one was a belated suck up in introduce yourself!
If we all only post in our own threads how long will AccyWeb last?
Her art is rubbish, she only wants to use us as a stage for her own publicity, can we please keep our enthusiasm for someone that gives as well as takes from the site?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 17:51   #93
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnart View Post
Got to say, I'm a bit undecided about the sculptures but this is a great photo looking down Avenue Parade.

Last edited by Neil; 30-11-2011 at 20:38.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 17:58   #94
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear.

It's bad enough we have just been betrayed by our own MP and fellow member of this website...but now this? Am I reading this right? Someone wants to stick something on top of the coppice?

Sculptures, yes....but not on top of the Coppice, please.
How about an illuminated EXIT sign!!!!
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 18:33   #95
Resting in Peace

Well none of this page will fit on my large monitor so I give up.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 20:07   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Got to say, I'm a bit undecided about the sculptures but this is a great photo looking down Avenue Parade.
It is Steve -i haven't seen this walkway before and it looks much better than I remember...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 20:15   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
What a big pile of tantrum throwing insults, I was talking about your so called 'work', please refrain from getting personal, you won't like me if I start getting personal.
I made an observation, I am entitled to make an observation, you now show that you not only dislike criticism but will sink to the depths in an attempt to vilify anyone that tells the truth.

If your work had any merit you wouldn't need to be so....

Childish.
Oh, come on Less-at it again dearest? You are such a Rotten-Weiller at times. Thought you'd mellowed a bit with age, or is it just that you need a nice massage to smooth out a few creases again?

Or maybe a nice scratch behind the ears -though you don't really deserve it when you are so naughty....

Will suggest to Sonnart that the piece she makes to be burnt be based on your own very distinctive sillouette -I'm sure you'd appreciate being a victim in the name of art...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 30-11-2011, 20:16   #98

I had no idea that someone had posted something like that. I think he's a friend of a friend of a friend so sorry about him.

Please can we end this as I'm sure it is dragging on too long for you as it is for me. I accept your opinions no problem, I just hoped they may be worded more constructively. Believe it or not I value you opinions because they will inform my practice.

I don't come on here for publicity at all, I come on here to get Accringtons peoples view and opinions of my work and what they think and memories of the Coppice. I read, but may not have posted on other topics because I am like everyone else, a busy person.

I apologise if I may have picked up on every point but of course it is hard when someone insults your work. Like I said I listen to others opinions and I accept them, they are all useful.

I value this thread because of all the useful comments on it and I'd hate to see it turn into a place for argument.

Sonnart
Sonnart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 20:30   #99
God Member

Dear "Sonn" don't ever take anything Less says to heart -he just likes to stir up trouble and will be duly castigated ....he likes a bit of castigation so don't feel bad about it!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 30-11-2011, 20:31   #100
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Oh, come on Less-at it again dearest? You are such a Rotten-Weiller at times. Thought you'd mellowed a bit with age, or is it just that you need a nice massage to smooth out a few creases again?

Or maybe a nice scratch behind the ears -though you don't really deserve it when you are so naughty....

Will suggest to Sonnart that the piece she makes to be burnt be based on your own very distinctive sillouette -I'm sure you'd appreciate being a victim in the name of art...
Might I suggest you get to know me before you become so forward?

I have fought many a battle without someone trying to patronise me by using a doggy style parallel.

If you wish to clap your hands and praise the Emperors new clothes, then fine, do so, when you've seen the site deliberately used as often as I have perhaps your tolerance will also be put on the back burner?

Still, at least she has a reason to be upset compared to you, I did criticise her work, with you I was silly enough to use the term he instead of she when defending you, I seem to remember the rot whiler was a touch on heat over such a minor mistake weren't you?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 20:40   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Might I suggest you get to know me before you become so forward?

I have fought many a battle without someone trying to patronise me by using a doggy style parallel.

If you wish to clap your hands and praise the Emperors new clothes, then fine, do so, when you've seen the site deliberately used as often as I have perhaps your tolerance will also be put on the back burner?

Still, at least she has a reason to be upset compared to you, I did criticise her work, with you I was silly enough to use the term he instead of she when defending you, I seem to remember the rot whiler was a touch on heat over such a minor mistake weren't you?
Now Less -your memory is obviously better than mine, the Rottweiller thing was not mine someone else said that. Sorry if it has iritated you further -was not my intention at all -you know me by now a little I hope.

The Emperor's New Clothes was a favourite book of mine as a child - any comments I've made have only been aimed at encouragement and as a non-artistic person probably have little validity -but you really don't have to go for KO every time...

I never patronise -not intentionally.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 30-11-2011, 20:46   #102
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I have reduced the size of the pictures do if some of your posts have been edited thats why.

Last edited by Neil; 30-11-2011 at 20:57.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 20:51   #103
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnart View Post
I apologise if I may have picked up on every point but of course it is hard when someone insults your work.
If you're going to be an artist, and publicly exhibit your work, then that work will always be critiqued.

Some will like it, some won't, others will be indifferent.

As long as you believe in what you're doing, and can justify it, then what others may say won't be 'hard' to take.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 20:53   #104
Full Member+

I think Mobertol was trying to defuse the situation slightly using a bit of humour.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 20:57   #105
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Still can't get used to the idea of trees on the Coppice. There weren't any when we used to go up there in my young days.
I can't either.

Even if a coppice needs to have trees, to be one.

I prefered it bare.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coppice, local, memories, photos, sculpture

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..