Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2013, 15:33   #31
Resting In Peace

Re: Malt Loaf, I love It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well, here we go with my latest experiment, for a change my shopping trip went without incident.
Had a simplistic tea then decided I'd have some malt loaf (banana flavour).

Went to the fridge and discovered what I'd forgotten to get, No butter, not even a touch of I can't believe I was conned to buy this rather than butter!

Well, my gast was flabbered because I'd already sliced it into my usual squashed pieces, only one way to get some fat onto my slices yessss, I had fried malt loaf done in the fat from a couple of rashers of bacon, wow, as soon as the pieces hit the fat they expanded to normal size then, shrivelled to wonderfully crunchy mouthsize bites, but the taste??

Who cares what tomorrow brings, it really was something too delicious to describe.

Sounds yummy, must try it. Makes a change from hospital food.
Old 21-10-2013, 18:23   #32
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

It's such a versatile food!

This evening I am using it to make bread and butter pudding.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 12:29   #33

You can try pushing it against a hard surface then slicing it with a serrated knife.

I do this to fresh uncut loaves (usually a tiger loaf) and put a wooden cutlery box against the microwave so its right where I want it then push the bread against it.

Stops the wobble back & forewards.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 15:38   #34

Thumbs up Re: Malt Loaf, I love It.

Well, have tried the toasted malt loaf today and surprisingly I found it tasted good. The crispiness when cooler definitely added to the taste. Will be having that again.
Less likes this.
Old 22-10-2013, 21:00   #35
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It's such a versatile food!

This evening I am using it to make bread and butter pudding.
Oh, boy, enjoying the remains cold.

Fantastic!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..