Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2009, 20:44   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Managing Depression - Any Advice????

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
See I'm the opposite, I'm worse around people.
I can relate to that 100%...

given that we are kinda baring our souls here I will pitch in too..

I have suffered from bad depression for several years now and have been on and off medication for it, spoke to many a doctor etc...had the councelling (sp) for it and yes it did help to a certain extent but I do still have some days where I just need to be on my own..
back in the very 'dark days' I would sit and think of the best way to end it all -
having been in that situation it was only the thoughts of someone who and how they would be after it all that stopped me..you may say it was bottle but who knows...
at that point it was time to see someone who could sort my head out ..alot of talking happened, then alot more and yet more again..slowly I began to realise that some things werent as bad as they seemed and I could reason with things and people I guess...I cant say what would have happened for definate had I not gone to see the docs but to say they helped me would be
such and understatement...
I will say that a holiday is great as it felt like such a weight off my shoulders just to get up and go out and not think of anything in particular to do..
you started to help youself by talkking on here..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-06-2009, 21:59   #47
Resting in Peace

I was going to say exactly what Cherokee posted ... think it is brilliant that you have made the first step to recovery, in other words you have 'come out' and admitted to yourself and 100's of people on here that you are suffering from depression of whatever kind !! Well Done ...

'Course you realise now that there is no hiding and we will expect updates on your progress, and we do all mean well on our advice and anecdotes of our own similar experiences.

No blooming wonder yer self-esteem is low ... split up with wife; losing your business; house removing ... all the three big 'S's' stresses !! You have no reason to search your soul to ask 'Why me?' ... hope I am not sounding patronising.

Was musing a little tonight, and do get metaphoric at times ..
Nearly came and joined you in that room tonight, as put on a hair colour that is too dark for me ... need a paper bag ...hey, but it is semi permanent, will lighten up every day at each wash, and eventually get back to my natural colour (which is pretty good still actually). I thought this is hopefully what will happen to TJH, with professional help ... and he will get back to being his natural self, and look in the mirror soon and think "Hey, I'm Great !" I am confident this will be the case because, as you said, you have made your 1st (well, I say 2nd) positive step to getting better.

Last edited by katex; 03-06-2009 at 22:02.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 22:04   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
See I'm the opposite, I'm worse around people. I love my room
have you tried prison

couldnt resist soz

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:41   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
I think I need to see the doc for depression too

being stuck at home alone most of the day does not help, getting out & interacting with others
helps stave it off better.
Its bad enough when you don't have a choice about being stuck at home mattylad, if you are able to get out during the day do so, even if its only going for a walk into the town centre, at least you will see other people and may just bump into some one you know for a chat. For much of the time, during the week, my only contact with the outside world is on here, a fact that just about keeps me sane, even though Less, Beni, Mick, dave and company may just beg to differ
Old 04-06-2009, 09:46   #50
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its bad enough when you don't have a choice about being stuck at home mattylad, if you are able to get out during the day do so, even if its only going for a walk into the town centre, at least you will see other people and may just bump into some one you know for a chat. For much of the time, during the week, my only contact with the outside world is on here, a fact that just about keeps me sane, even though Less, Beni, Mick, dave and company may just beg to differ
Oxygen bottles are allowed in the bar down the Railway now that we have the smoking ban Jaysay, get Mattylad to wheel you down.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 16:14   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Oxygen bottles are allowed in the bar down the Railway now that we have the smoking ban Jaysay, get Mattylad to wheel you down.

Didn't know mattylad had wings Less
Old 04-06-2009, 16:35   #52
Resting in Peace

Decided to ease my depression by having a few days in Benidorm,may turn into a few weeks or months.

But at least till I find it's depressing me.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 19:17   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
have you tried prison

couldnt resist soz
Why go to prison when I can just not leave my room.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..