Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2014, 10:00   #1

Markets and car boots

Does anyone know if the market/carboot is still held at Gisburn on Easter Monday? Have tried googling but the sites that come up are out of date and not been updated. Besides Blackburn, are there any others on Bank holiday Monday? Thanks in advance.
Old 17-04-2014, 13:28   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Markets and car boots

Away from Easter, where are the best car boots in East Lancs? I am wary of standing in the rain, so mention indoor ones too
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 01:00   #3
God Member

clitherow cattle market has an indoor section but you have to be early

only problem is they are greed grabbing barstewards at £15 for a car and £25 for a van

bottomly bay has one and its half teh price infact cheaper than that for vans at £6

blackburn college ha sone i hear round about now

gisburn im not sure about im hoping to do gisburn this week but teh info is hard to come by

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 17:16   #4
Senior Member+

Thanks for these, Accyman.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2014, 14:44   #5

Have rung and Gisburn car boot not open on Easter Monday.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2014, 15:38   #6

Thanks for the replies. Will have to find somewhere else. Google here I come. lol
Old 20-04-2014, 20:09   #7
Full Member+

There's going to be another car boot and farmers market on Sunday May 11th at Vine Mill in Oswaldtwistle. It will be the second one they've had.
Old 21-04-2014, 09:54   #8

Thanks for the info on vine mill. Will probably go and have a look round. How did the first one fare?
Old 21-04-2014, 13:24   #9
Full Member+

I didn't manage to get to the first one but was told plenty of people turned up even though the weather wasn't great so the organisers decided to have another and see how it goes.
Old 21-04-2014, 17:48   #10

Will go and have a look. Hope weather better this time. Thanks again.
Old 21-04-2014, 18:52   #11

me and my better half went to the Vine Mill car boot. Not really a great deal of traders, a few stalls for kiddie things that was about it.
Old 22-04-2014, 07:42   #12

Oh, that doesn't sound too promising.
Old 22-04-2014, 08:10   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecrra View Post
Oh, that doesn't sound too promising.
Perhaps looking at that the wrong way? if yeh see owt yeh want,then yeh should be able to knock em down if its a poor trading day? This place will no doubt pick up as folk get to know probably.
Old 22-04-2014, 13:00   #14

True, Cashman. Will still go and have a nosey round.
Old 22-04-2014, 14:31   #15
God Member

went whyndyke farm at blackpool on sunday and it was a good turn out

made plenty of loot too

only problem was teh marshals were good at getting people in and taking teh money but it was a free for all getting out.

i was kucky that the person in his shiney range rover valued his paintwork more than i did mine lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..