Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2016, 19:47   #16
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Re: marks & Spencer is it really closing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Easter is the end of March isn't it?
That is what I heard too.
Yes Easter Sunday is March 27th (I think) so not sure if just before, or just after Easter when it closes.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-02-2016, 22:37   #17
Junior Member+

Coincidently:
Police searching for man and woman after 'large theft' from Marks and Spencer - Accrington Observer
1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:14   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Don't know Cashy....I have heard that they will be gone by Easter.
jesus christ

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:21   #19
Senior Member+

well its been a long time in the making.... thread started in 2003
Old 01-03-2016, 06:56   #20
God Member

someone was on facebook helping them relocate to the new store

well that would be my excuse if i was caught on cctv walking out with hundreds of pounds worth of gear in my arms

if anyone knows them ring the police the last i saw they wernt caught yet

their security man wasnt simply M&S he was simply asleep on the job by the looks of it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nicked.jpg (17.4 KB, 22 views)

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 01-03-2016 at 06:59.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:14   #21
Beacon of light

I was in town last Tuesday and saw two police(well, no it was one policeman and one PCSO) hurrying into M&S, looking like they were on a mission. I thought they were just rushing to get the lunch butties before the best ones had gone.

Looking at the stuff on offer in M&S they will struggle to make much on what they nicked(if it was clothes).....the current fashions(if you can call them that) are dire!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:55   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Probably just trying to get rid of all the crap before they go, n that couple were helping them.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:43   #23
God Member

not feeling the love for a company that is abandoning the town despite turning a profit

no customer loyalty

M&S can F&O

Old 07-03-2016, 21:33   #24
Junior Member+

Closure confirmed for 30th March (Wednesday).
M&S will shut its Accrington store at the end of the month (From Lancashire Telegraph)
1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 17:38   #25
Full Member+

It seems Accrington is not going to be the only town to loose its M & S store. The new boss, Steve Rowe is to announce next week that dozens of their stores are to be axed and others are to stop selling clothes and concentrate on food. Personally I think he would be better catering for the more mature lady for one thing. There are umpteen shops on the high street for the young but hardly any for the older lady. Their stores for a few years have had far more clothes for the 20/30 yrs olds. Trouble is that age group in general do not shop there.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..