Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2008, 23:15   #16
God Member

Re: Meat Pies

[quote=Royboy39;645668]In Spain I can buy Hollands Pies (Take note big G)
In England I can buy Hollands Pies but they are well presented with gravy in the pie, (apart from the one I bought on the Stanley ground , it was awful.) the Spanish version has no gravy...they are frozen.
When I come to England I look for the perfect pie but alas the art of piemaking seems to have been lost.
Greggs try hard but fail...cook pie shops that we have known have gone.
My wife today made a plate meat pie with her own pastry, mincemeat, onions and gravy....I think I will renew my vows, it was ace.
If anyone is looking to start a business in Lancashire look no further than meat pies...with the odd spud pie thrown in.
Start the business at home....sell to other householders...If you fancy your chances, go for it.[/quote

Strange you should mention the pies at Stanley's ground. One of those vivid childhood memories that won't quit coming back around is of eating a meat pie at Peel Park, on a cold, wet night (no shortage of those in Accy, eh) it was so good that I ignored the burn and woofed the whole thing down in a couple of mouthfuls (gobfuls?).
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-10-2008, 08:02   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Pea and ham, sausage and bean .... sounds interesting and tasty. Do they come with crust all around, or just on top? I remember having ham shank and peas, but never with a crust on.
They are proper pies Eric, done with a pie block I presume, gonna try Martins now too, I do like a good pie!
Hollands pies have gone downhill in recent years imo!
Old 31-10-2008, 11:35   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
They are proper pies Eric, done with a pie block I presume, gonna try Martins now too, I do like a good pie!
Hollands pies have gone downhill in recent years imo!
I think Hollands meat pies started to go downhill derek, when they stopped putting meat in them
Old 31-10-2008, 21:08   #19

Cissy Green's are pretty good.
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 23:20   #20
Senior Member+

They have Cissy Green's up at the Peel Park , very nice !

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..