Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2011, 13:38   #16
I am Banned
 

Re: Memorial at Oak Hill Park 13.11.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I suspect you may well be getting a few more enquiries from these production companies, Walter. With the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of WW1 now less than 3 years away, documentary makers will already be in the pre-production stages of the programmes they intend to make - so they'll be doing their background research now.

Until quite recently, both BBC and ITV would have made these programmes in-house. Now, however, they are outsourced to various private companies of which Mayavision is but one. Like any other business, they are there to make a profit so as such you may well wish to consider insisting on a small donation (to such as the RBL) in return for your not inconsiderable assistance in their enterprise.
I've been contacted twice this year by BBC, one group was based in Manchester, and the other lot sent a researcher up from London for a week, looking into the aspect of the women, and the effects on them leading up to, and during WW1.
They have all been informed that the William Turner collection of WW1 photographs is copyrighted, as is mine.

Retlaw.

Last edited by Retlaw; 14-11-2011 at 13:45. Reason: Spell
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-11-2011, 14:05   #17
God Member

 
Tealeaf's Avatar
 

Re: Memorial at Oak Hill Park 13.11.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
They have all been informed that the William Turner collection of WW1 photographs is copyrighted, as is mine.
Retlaw.
It would appear that the IWM is now undertaking an exercise involving individual photographs of WW1 combatants. It terms of numbers, it does not appear as extensive as your collection but it looks like they're going in depth.

This was announced on the local London news last week:

Imperial War Museum commemorates Armistice Day by releasing photos of WWI dead on Flickr | Culture24
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 14:25   #18
I am Banned
 

Re: Memorial at Oak Hill Park 13.11.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
It would appear that the IWM is now undertaking an exercise involving individual photographs of WW1 combatants. It terms of numbers, it does not appear as extensive as your collection but it looks like they're going in depth.

This was announced on the local London news last week:

Imperial War Museum commemorates Armistice Day by releasing photos of WWI dead on Flickr | Culture24
The trouble is that a lot of these organisations have started to late. During the past 20 years several War Memorials, Rolls of Honour, have disappeared from Church's, Pubs & Clubs which have closed down or been demolished. Hundreds of WW1 personal momento's, photographs, cards & letters have been destroyed when the older generation have died, and relatives have been to indiferent, and binned the lot.
Luckily Bill & I managed to save a lot.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 16:23   #19
God Member
 
Gayle's Avatar
 

Re: Memorial at Oak Hill Park 13.11.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I've been contacted twice this year by BBC, one group was based in Manchester, and the other lot sent a researcher up from London for a week, looking into the aspect of the women, and the effects on them leading up to, and during WW1.
They have all been informed that the William Turner collection of WW1 photographs is copyrighted, as is mine.
Retlaw.
How are they copyrighted? Or more interestingly, how do you have the copyright? I'm assuming that you didn't take them yourself.
__________________






The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 17:18   #20
I am Banned
 

Re: Memorial at Oak Hill Park 13.11.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
How are they copyrighted? Or more interestingly, how do you have the copyright? I'm assuming that you didn't take them yourself.
Quite a lot of my photo's I have taken myself, various War Memorials Rolls of Honour, WW1 Grave Head stones, plus things I have collected or been given. a collection of words in a book become copyrighted, so do collections of other things.
Quite a lot of pictures of men in the collection were unidentified until I was able to put names & service numbers to them.

How did Ancestry get copyright to WW1 documents, after all the originals are in the Public Record Office at Kew, answer that one.
Retlaw

Last edited by Retlaw; 14-11-2011 at 17:22.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 16:32   #21
Junior Member
 

Re: Memorial at Oak Hill Park 13.11.11

I was told the filming was done for a forthcoming series about Britain due to be shown on bbc2 sometime in April next year.
peepodaylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 13:20   #22
Member
 

Re: Memorial at Oak Hill Park 13.11.11

She very kindly came to Hyndburn Green Spaces Forum on Tuesday evening to present certificates to Green Partnership Award winners. She'd come from another event to ours and then to another event i think after !! Dont know how she does it and she's always so lovely and smiling all the time. Respect
__________________
The further you go, the less you know
dusty mears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 13:35   #23
Administrator

 
Neil's Avatar
Re: Memorial at Oak Hill Park 13.11.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty mears View Post
She very kindly came to Hyndburn Green Spaces Forum on Tuesday evening to present certificates to Green Partnership Award winners. She'd come from another event to ours and then to another event i think after !! Dont know how she does it and she's always so lovely and smiling all the time. Respect
I was never really into the idea of having a Mayor, nothing against the Mayor him/herself but the idea of it.

I must admit that her being there did give it more of an official feeling and she was lovely, friendly and full of smiles.

I might be changing my mind about my feelings towards the idea of having a Mayor after all.
__________________
Site Forum Rules/ Site Disclaimer can be seen from this link
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 13:58   #24
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Memorial at Oak Hill Park 13.11.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I was never really into the idea of having a Mayor, nothing against the Mayor him/herself but the idea of it.

I must admit that her being there did give it more of an official feeling and she was lovely, friendly and full of smiles.

I might be changing my mind about my feelings towards the idea of having a Mayor after all.
Perhaps its summat you now fancy in a few years?.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 18:21   #25
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Memorial at Oak Hill Park 13.11.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Perhaps its summat you now fancy in a few years?.
Would we have to bow every time we logged on to Accy Web
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 19:54   #26
I am Banned
 

Re: Memorial at Oak Hill Park 13.11.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Would we have to bow every time we logged on to Accy Web
Yes & you would have to kiss his arse as well.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 09:34   #27
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Memorial at Oak Hill Park 13.11.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Yes & you would have to kiss his arse as well.
I thought that was already monitor Retlaw
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 21:17   #28
Senior Member+
 
kestrelx's Avatar
 

Re: Memorial at Oak Hill Park 13.11.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepodaylane View Post
I was told the filming was done for a forthcoming series about Britain due to be shown on bbc2 sometime in April next year.
Yes it's been shown 9pm on Friday 10th August.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 22:26   #29
Full Member
 
wallop79's Avatar
 

Re: Memorial at Oak Hill Park 13.11.11

Well thanks for the post kestrelx, after the event! It is repeated in BBC HD in a couple hrs (2.00am Saturday)
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 23:06   #30
Senior Member+
 
kestrelx's Avatar
 

Re: Memorial at Oak Hill Park 13.11.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallop79 View Post
Well thanks for the post kestrelx, after the event! It is repeated in BBC HD in a couple hrs (2.00am Saturday)
I didn't know it was in this program - I only came across it by accident, then I was told about this thread!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:13.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.34831 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1