Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2011, 21:04   #1

Millerz Taxis

Got a leaflet through the door the other day from Millerz Taxis based on Church Street Accy advertising min fare of 99p eg Church to Accy, Fern Gore to Accy, Spring Hill to Accy Accy to Accy Vic.

It was rather warm so poped my head round the door to check if it was £1 to Pinewood Drive (top of Avenue Parade) and quoted £2

I pay max £2 form their office for the same journey but how can taxi firms get away printing leaflets that are untrue?
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-07-2011, 21:06   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Millerz Taxis

show leaflet to yer Councillor, they license em.
Old 26-07-2011, 21:11   #3
God Member

Keep hold of the leaflet. Order your cab. Make the journey. At the end of the ride, show the leaflet to the driver and pay him exactly the fare that is printed thereon.

No problem.

ps..just check there's no small print at the bottom, whether in English or Urdu.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 08:39   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
show leaflet to yer Councillor, they license em.
Better still trading standards cashy
Old 27-07-2011, 09:18   #5
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
Got a leaflet through the door the other day from Millerz Taxis based on Church Street Accy advertising min fare of 99p eg Church to Accy, Fern Gore to Accy, Spring Hill to Accy Accy to Accy Vic.
I got the leaflet about a fortnight ago .

Thanks for info . I won't be calling Millerz . I'll stick to Central Taxis . I find them reliable and reasonable .

Anyone with good recommendations for taxis ?
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 09:25   #6
Resting in Peace

Re: Millers Taxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
I got the leaflet about a fortnight ago .

Thanks for info . I won't be calling Millerz . I'll stick to Central Taxis . I find them reliable and reasonable .

Anyone with good recommendations for taxis ?
I always used Hyndburn Cars JCB, never ever let me down and got picked up occasionally by an Accy Webber too
Old 27-07-2011, 10:43   #7
Senior Member+

I knwo someone else who had an issue with them, paid £1 from woodnook to town (ish) but then on the return journey was told that it would be £2 (despite them asking if the fair would still be the same if the taxi was ordered after 12) they called for a taxi for the return journey and checked the price before booked and told it would be double , they didnt bother getting the taxi in the end but the firm obviously isnt sticking by what they have posted / advertsied
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 11:54   #8

the other thing don,t use them
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 13:44   #9
Senior Member+

I think hedman 2003 said the leaflet says "Minimum fare 99p" so they can charge anything upwards of that price. If it said "Maximum fare 99p" then that is a case for Trading Standards if they charge more.
Old 27-07-2011, 14:36   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I think hedman 2003 said the leaflet says "Minimum fare 99p" so they can charge anything upwards of that price. If it said "Maximum fare 99p" then that is a case for Trading Standards if they charge more.
hedman also quoted certain fares at that price.
Old 27-07-2011, 18:41   #11
Senior Member+

I refuse to get them, they tried charging me £7 to Ossy after a night out. I think they thought they could get away with it because I was on my own and i'd had a few.... not a chance!! Also one was taking my mate home up past the hospital he got to The Castle took a call on his mobile, pulled over and told her to get out because he had to go, then tried charging her £4 (this was from Church Street) he left her there on her own at 4am!! scum bags the lot of them!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 19:19   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
Also one was taking my mate home up past the hospital he got to The Castle took a call on his mobile, pulled over and told her to get out because he had to go, then tried charging her £4 (this was from Church Street) he left her there on her own at 4am!! scum bags the lot of them!
Fully expect to get roasted/blasted over this , but what was a female doing out on her own at 4 am ? has she never thought how vulnerable she is in such a situation
yep , I'm an older male chauvinist and any excuse that she has the right to be out alone/or in a car with a stranger whenever she wants just does not wash with me
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 19:25   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
If you my post properly as well as saying 99p min fare it also specifically quoted for specific routes and the point I was making was that my journey was equivalent or less than the 99p rate
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 19:31   #14
Beacon of light

Wouldn't use any taxis other than Hyndburn Taxis.......I second what John says.
They are really good with Ma and her wheelchair too
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 21:00   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Fully expect to get roasted/blasted over this , but what was a female doing out on her own at 4 am ? has she never thought how vulnerable she is in such a situation
yep , I'm an older male chauvinist and any excuse that she has the right to be out alone/or in a car with a stranger whenever she wants just does not wash with me
Because there was just me and her out and we live in completely opposite directions, and you don't expect to be left in the middle of the street you expect to be taken home. We always ring each other when we get in. I wouldn't blast you over it it's a perfectly honest question.

Last edited by Lolly; 27-07-2011 at 21:03.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..