Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2010, 13:36   #1

Smile Moving to Accrington?!

Hey, I'm looking to move to Accrington possibly, and want to find out details from people who actually live there.. (rather than the other gloss coated rubbish you find about places on the internet !) So yeah, it'd be brilliant if some of you guys could help me out and be honest please?

I have info on house prices.. Things I'm more interested about are:

*Shopping
*Areas to Avoid?
*Things to do
*Price of Living
*General Quality of Life
*Jobs
*The Locals
*Anything I may have missed out

Thanks
AbsDabs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2010, 14:11   #2
God Member

Re: Moving to Accrington?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsDabs007 View Post
Hey, I'm looking to move to Accrington possibly, and want to find out details from people who actually live there.. (rather than the other gloss coated rubbish you find about places on the internet !) So yeah, it'd be brilliant if some of you guys could help me out and be honest please?

I have info on house prices.. Things I'm more interested about are:

*Shopping - If you're into charity and 99p shops, then Accy is the shopping capital of the Universe.

*Areas to Avoid? - West Accy and the whole of Ossy

*Things to do - Get drunk monday through to thursday. Friday night is fight night. Saturday night is get drunk and fight night.

*Price of Living - Cheaper than Kent

*General Quality of Life - Fantastic if you're a Chav. Otherwise, forget it

*Jobs - Eh?

*The Locals - You'll get on fine, providing you speak Urdu and Polish

*Anything I may have missed out - No, you've covered everything.

Thanks
And Thank you, to and welcome to Accy.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 14:35   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Ignore Tealeaf, he always tries to make things seem better than they really are.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 15:08   #4
God Member

I do my best, Less.

Anyway, I've been thinking. Maybe AbsDabs - before her mum and her undertake a permanent relocation to Accy - could consider hiring a caravan and then taking advantage of one of the many delightful caravan parks we have around the town. I would particularly recommend the Market Street site at Church, a beautiful shaded location and with a stunning vista of the traffic lights.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 16:05   #5

My view is better
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 22:17   #6
Senior Member+

Tealeaf makes it sound like such a wonderful place to live

Stay away from....

Church & Woodnook
Old 29-07-2010, 22:32   #7

hello i hope you like were you live
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 00:11   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Tealeaf makes it sound like such a wonderful place to live

Stay away from....

Church & Woodnook
Why is that so?? Walked in the Woodnook Area recently to watch my grandson in "final assembly" at Woodnook School. Ok the areas are less than would be desired because all the funding is directed to the "choosen areas". You lot get me so angry, you seem to judge folks by the area they live in without saying what you really want to say/mean. Come on folks or do you really only care about your area???
Old 30-07-2010, 16:29   #9
Senior Member+

Not the state of the area. Just the stories that you hear about some of the people that live there.....great take away there tho, Omars
Old 06-08-2010, 11:05   #10

Hi Abs Dabs 007. Yes it depends where you live now really. I moved here 4 years ago, and just love the place. The people I have met are welcoming, the shopping is great, the town is an old town so you can expect some wear and tear. My forfathers where from here, and it felt to me like comming home. If these people knock the place they choose to live in, then we have a good motorway network to whisk them to somewhere else in quick time. Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Beachy Head. As I say, I am settled here and not inclined to leave this Historic, Floral, beauty spot of the north of England. Tony
robot1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 18:03   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot1002 View Post
Hi Abs Dabs 007. Yes it depends where you live now really. I moved here 4 years ago, and just love the place. The people I have met are welcoming, the shopping is great, the town is an old town so you can expect some wear and tear. My forfathers where from here, and it felt to me like comming home. If these people knock the place they choose to live in, then we have a good motorway network to whisk them to somewhere else in quick time. Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Beachy Head. As I say, I am settled here and not inclined to leave this Historic, Floral, beauty spot of the north of England. Tony
They should find you a job with HBCs tourism department
Old 06-08-2010, 18:49   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot1002 View Post

very refreshing Tony too many of us focus on the bad things
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:21   #13
Senior Member+

give it time, hes only been here 4 years
Old 08-08-2010, 18:42   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
give it time, hes only been here 4 years

ahhhhhhhhh true, but nice comment all the same!!!
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 18:54   #15
God Member

not lived in Accy for 14 years so i don't really know what the areas are like...but....in my opinion every town has it's bad areas, just have a look around, talk to some locals and make your own mind up....
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..