Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2007, 05:11   #31
Senior Member+

Re: N.i.m.b.y

After several sh**e free months today i opened the curtains & right under the window is a present from the phantom feline crapper.There's a skip down the alley,if anyones missing a moggie & i've caught it soiling my property,it'll be in there
Old 27-04-2007, 06:34   #32
God Member

Strange! -cats bury their do-do's -are you sure it wasn't a Japanese miniature poodle? :

Last edited by MargaretR; 27-04-2007 at 06:39.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 07:38   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Strange! -cats bury their do-do's -are you sure it wasn't a Japanese miniature poodle? :
Can they leap 6ft walls This beast is'nt fussy about burying its dirt,except for a few empty plant pots & a knackered shed its all concrete.oh and becoming a convenient cat toilet.
Old 27-04-2007, 07:45   #34
Resident Waffler

That is strange that it will do it on concrete because like Margaret said they do prefer to bury their do-dos. Mind you we've got a barmy cat who does her business in the litter tray and then tries to dig up the floor next the the tray to bury it!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 08:29   #35
God Member

Try squeezing some lemons around the yard- they dont like citrus smells
Old 27-04-2007, 08:34   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Try squeezing some lemons around the yard- they dont like citrus smells
Tried it,tried everything humane.
Old 27-04-2007, 08:38   #37
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Tried it,tried everything humane.
Then that just leaves the wait up all night and kill it method
Old 27-04-2007, 08:45   #38
God Member

It sounds like there is too much concrete and not enough open soil areas in the district where you live.
Why not provide an area of soil in the corner of the yard with a bush on it for them to go under (they like privacy) and you dont need to tend it (risking contact with the poo)- this might prevent them from using the area of yard that you do.
With the provision of such a luxury loo, one cat will claim it as their own and so deter all others.
Old 27-04-2007, 13:01   #39
Resident Waffler

Or you could go the whole hog and put out a covered litter tray.

Have we suggested tiger poo?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 13:24   #40
God Member

But Willow - he would have the chore of emptying the poo and changing the litter in it. With a soil area it would just get dug in by the cat and rot down.
The cats who live mainly oudoors may not have been shown by their mother how to use a litter tray but soil use is instinctive.
Old 27-04-2007, 13:26   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

think a 12 Bore will do the trick maxwell.
Old 27-04-2007, 18:53   #42
Senior Member+

already replied - last year ! doh !

Last edited by glasgow guy; 27-04-2007 at 18:55.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 19:01   #43
Senior Member+

Glasgow,cheers you recommended this Lions Roar before,still have'nt been able to find any but Homebase is my so called garden centre,mine bieng a plant pot & concrete kind of garden.I've asked people to keep they're eyes peeled for some.In the meantime its the catapult & sleepless nights trying to catch the barsteward
Old 27-04-2007, 19:03   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Glasgow,cheers you recommended this Lions Roar before,still have'nt been able to find any but Homebase is my so called garden centre,mine bieng a plant pot & concrete kind of garden.I've asked people to keep they're eyes peeled for some.In the meantime its the catapult & sleepless nights trying to catch the barsteward
they changed its name to 'silent roar ' ..why ? - I dont know???...if I am out and about I shall pick some up and somehow get it to you...
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 19:26   #45
God Member

http://www.sortoutyourgarden.com/aca...imals_111.html
Here it is - note the local phone number - think that Beechwood garden centre is on Roman Rd
(you can buy ANYTHING on line )

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..