Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2006, 10:25   #1
Junior Member+

Need Info Please Help

Me and my family are thinking of moving from Cumbria down to Accrington and dont know the areas very well, I only know Clayton, Huncoat and Great Harwood, can anyone tell me what are the best areas are in Accrington or surrounding areas. I am transferring with work to Preston so I would need to be handy for the M65, also we have 3 kids so we would need to be near a primary school, I would also like to know of any good property letting agents in the area,
Any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2006, 16:59   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Need Info Please Help

Baxenden is a nice quiet area, You can go over the bypass to the M65 or go over Haslingden Old road to it, there is a very good primary school called St John the Baptist, there is also a local butchers, Spar, Confectioners, chemist and newsagents and its only 5 minutes drive down into Accrington town centre.

Eafield & Maple and Rent the house.com are well known letting agents in the area.

Hope you manage to find somewhere.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:01   #3
Give, give, give member

Buy-the House do a letting service, they have offices in Accrington and Oswaldtwistle.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 14:37   #4
Clearly Classy.......

http://www.buy-the-house.co.uk/

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 15:53   #5
Junior Member+

Thankyou for all your help, we will keep looking and keep you posted as to how we get on.
Old 11-04-2006, 20:31   #6

Good luck with the hunting.
those were the days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 00:21   #7
land of hope and glory

stay where you are mate!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 00:24   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

It takes 20-25mins from Oswaldtwistle to Preston depending on where in Preston you work
Old 12-04-2006, 19:52   #9

Yeah, Oswaldtwistle isn't bad. I've been living here since the start of the year, and am enjoying being here.
Old 13-04-2006, 18:24   #10
Senior Member+

Some nice family sized houses in the Coppice/Burnley Rd area that are generally more realistically priced than Baxenden;look for Burnley rd or the estate at bottom of Coppice around Pinewood Drive.You are near a great primary school ther too,Peel Park County Primary plus the motorway and plenty of amenities. Baxenden is very nice too,older larger properties in the main but a pleasant part of town. Good luck!
Old 21-04-2006, 12:33   #11
Junior Member+

Question Re: Need Info Please Help

Hi

This morning we recieved a phonecall from hyndburn homes, offering us a house in the bolton road, windermere ave, ullswater area of huncoat. Could anyone please tell us if this is an ok area to go? I have looked into schools in the area, and there are two I think, Peel park and huncoat primary, anyone know which is best if we took the house?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Old 22-04-2006, 18:09   #12

acci is okay..well some areas, good luck in finding somewere.........

yogi bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2006, 18:41   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale
Hi

This morning we recieved a phonecall from hyndburn homes, offering us a house in the bolton road, windermere ave, ullswater area of huncoat. Could anyone please tell us if this is an ok area to go? I have looked into schools in the area, and there are two I think, Peel park and huncoat primary, anyone know which is best if we took the house?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Personally i would stay well clear!! only my oppinion but i think the suggestions about the peel park area and baxenden are much better!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 11:25   #14

Clayton-Le-Moors is also nice, 3 primary schools, C of E one,(all Saints) catholic one (st Mary`s) and a all rounder one!(Mount Pleasant) Only short trip into Accrington,and good bus service when they start secondary school. close access for M65 for going anywhere. Currently quite a lot of rental properties.
those were the days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 11:35   #15

Why not move to Brisbane....instead??.........
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..