Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Do you know about the HSCIC?
No! 5 62.50%
Yes! 1 12.50%
Don't care! 0 0%
Opted out! 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kestrelx
  • 1 Post By accyman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2014, 16:45   #1
Senior Member+

New:Health and Social Care Information Centre!

Did you know that earlier this year the government allowed the Health and Social Care Information Centre (which is not the NHS)
to access your medical files and take a copy including name, address and age. This will be used for research and also sold to external companies (insurance companies) for various reasons and can even be accessed by the police with out your consent, even if you opted out.

Did you opt out? My GP Surgery had a leaflet at the front desk which stated "a letter was sent in the post informing the public of this" - but I never recieved any letter! Where you informed? Does it matter to you that 3rd parties can now have information about your medical history?

Police will have 'backdoor' access to health records despite opt-out, says MP | Society | The Guardian
cashman likes this.

Last edited by kestrelx; 26-08-2014 at 16:52.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-08-2014, 18:56   #2

Re: New:Health and Social Care Information Centre!

My wife and I opted out by filling in a form at our G.Ps surgery, whether this will make a difference is at best debatable.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 19:10   #3
Beacon of light

Yes it does matter who has access to our medical records.
We opted out, even though we were discouraged from doing so at the practice.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 00:21   #4
God Member

it wont be long before the crooked b4stards know what you had for breakfast before you have even eaten it

in answer to te question i was in no way shape or form informed about this by my GP or the practice but then again it takes nearly a year to see teh doctor your registered with and 2 weeks notice is required upon death to ensure someone turns up who can spot if your brathing or not
kestrelx likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 28-08-2014 at 00:24.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 15:03   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
it wont be long before the crooked b4stards know what you had for breakfast before you have even eaten it

in answer to te question i was in no way shape or form informed about this by my GP or the practice but then again it takes nearly a year to see teh doctor your registered with and 2 weeks notice is required upon death to ensure someone turns up who can spot if your brathing or not
Well we were supposed to have been sent an official information letter from the HSCIC giving us notice of this going to happen but I never recieved one. I suspect they were all "lost in the post!" as they want to have access to our information regardless of what we think. OK they say it will help with improving health services but why then do they need our names, addresses?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 13:17   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Just been in our Docs n cancelled fer me n the boss, had no form to fill in, they just made note on computer, cheers Kes.
Old 01-09-2014, 13:33   #7
Beacon of light

I received no information through the post...it was only what i read in News articles and on here.
The HSCIC was supposed to be up and running in March of this year, but it was so badly handled that the government had to postpone the launch for six months.
When I went into the practice to ask for us to be kept off this list, they seemed poorly educated about the thing too.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..