Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2007, 17:32   #1
Yank in King Art's Court!

New/More travel Advice

Was unable to reply to the "Need quick response thread!" but was going to start a new one anyhow for the second leg.

Thatnks for all the aforementioned advice! I didn't realize there was that much time difference between the train and flying. I guess the train up to York is truly a speedier train then one to Manchester.

Okay anyhow, please don't feel like the majority of you need to come down to Heathrow all with your little "Welcome "home" LYY" signs. That would just embarrass me!

I am planning on renting a car somewhere in Manchester, either at the train station or airport. Any suggestions (now I know ya all want to be helpful but please, let's not make it like the puppy naming thread where I gave 2 suggested names and you guys supplied ~50 more to choose from . . . poor little thing is now merely known as X) . . . okay where was I . . . ah yes accomodations.

(Sorry flashy, and please stop begging, but it just wouldn't be right for me to crash at your place )

Can I get 3 - 5 ideas on places to stay between Accy and Manchester. I've got AAA so I'll be looking for acommodations, and car rental, that take them. I hope to spend some time doing family research in Ashton-Under-Lyne and Cheshire. Also will have to get up to Blackpool for some of the genuine Rock stuff that Cherokee refuses to deliver on Meet night!

Thanks in advance!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2007, 17:59   #2
God Member

Re: New/More travel Advice

lol ya daft get
Old 26-04-2007, 18:27   #3

'ello, is anybody there. Still trying (actually just starting) to figure hotels and car rentals. Can I get at least a couple thoughts on places to stay? I'm considering ALL my options. Just a bit more help please Mates!!

Brian

Old 26-04-2007, 18:46   #4
God Member

An idea of budget might be a good idea Brian

If you want one thats central to Ashton Under Lyne, Cheshire, Accrington & Blackpool then try this one at Bury. Dead easy find to find it's on a motorway junction. Not cheap though, however shop around on various hotel websites for it and you might get a good deal.

http://www.village-hotels.co.uk/Hote...FSguYAodLkFgWw
Old 26-04-2007, 19:31   #5

Thanks Dave! I was thinking that Bury looked like a nice mid location but wasn't sure what the town was like. I won't be looking for anything too extravagant as I don't expect to be there for much more than sleeping!

Old 26-04-2007, 19:34   #6
God Member

how long are you up here for Brian?...bury is a nice place (well the market is anyway)
Old 26-04-2007, 19:43   #7

I'll be flying over on May 23, and heading back on May 27th! Yup, all this just to meet at the Meet. And you guys didn't think I thought you were special eh???

Brian

Old 26-04-2007, 19:44   #8
God Member

chav sent you an email about meeting up Brian
Old 26-04-2007, 19:46   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Thanks Dave! I was thinking that Bury looked like a nice mid location but wasn't sure what the town was like. I won't be looking for anything too extravagant as I don't expect to be there for much more than sleeping!
Then you might be better with Travelodges ( motels to you ). You can pick these up for £15 a night ( 30 dollars ?) if you book far enough in advance and they have rooms available

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_h...el_id/297/Bury
Old 26-04-2007, 19:50   #10
God Member

Just checked Bury travelodge on those dates £50 a night I'm afraid.
Old 27-04-2007, 00:46   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
chav sent you an email about meeting up Brian
Yeah, that's only cause I supposedly promised him a pint or two sometime in the past! You tell the chavster his 2 first pints are on me if he comes to the Meet. Ya think he will? Ya think he should? Ya think others won't if he does? Ya think we can get along for a night? If not how bout an after party party at . . . Flashy's or Mez'. Ya think the Samuel Adams Black Lager 'as gone a bit to me head?

Just trying to acclimate to being able to handle 3 pints(all in one night)! So, what was the question?

Brian (and Sam)

Dag . . . Just realized the time. I guess I am just about talking to myself. And now for something completely different . . . Sleep tight guys!

Last edited by LancYorkYankee; 27-04-2007 at 00:48. Reason: Blather addition.
Old 27-04-2007, 00:54   #12
God Member

brian if your gonna be over for the may meet etc i promise you the rock hun..lol..and if your stayin over in blackpool hubby n me will take you onto funnygirls for a night out ....omg.. you.ll love it .. look foward to meeting ya ..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 01:41   #13

I won't be staying in Blackpool but do hope to make a quick trip up. Gotta pick out just the right kind of rock ya know!

Old 27-04-2007, 02:00   #14
God Member

well blackpool/ accy will look foward to meeting you anyway..have a nice journey over here
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 07:51   #15
Resident Waffler

I'm not much use at suggestions for accommodation Brian but hope you get sorted out. Remember too that although England look small it can take ages to get from A to B by road.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..