Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2009, 16:39   #61
Senior Member+

Re: New wine bar in Ossy?

its going to be called tiger lounge just been past and they have it on the window!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-02-2009, 17:26   #62
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
its going to be called tiger lounge just been past and they have it on the window!
Oh now that does sound very tables and chairs on the pavement sort of a name.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 17:31   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Try Ossy Social Club magpie (Ossy Con) great smoke room there
i will second that,try it if yer up that way magpie, its tops fer smokers.
Old 18-02-2009, 17:33   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
that name should appeal to the local inhabitants.
Old 18-02-2009, 18:23   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Explain that remark what are you trying to say about ossy people.
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 18:26   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondi38 View Post
Explain that remark what are you trying to say about ossy people.
ive lived there bondi.
Old 18-02-2009, 18:28   #67
Senior Member+

tiger tiger burning bright....with all the smokers out at night!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 10:36   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
You can hear a deep growl from Rindi already
Old 21-02-2009, 12:07   #69

the guy who owns royal oak is partnering up with another guy and they are in joint business with the tiger lounge, well it should be ok if the workers are starting on 6.00 an hour?!
carla d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 10:02   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla d View Post
the guy who owns royal oak is partnering up with another guy and they are in joint business with the tiger lounge, well it should be ok if the workers are starting on 6.00 an hour?!
not a great recipe fer sucess- "Partnerships"
Old 22-02-2009, 17:49   #71
Junior Member+

The workers have worked hard and the outside looks alot better than most shops in ossy.Good luck to Dave.If it only last 6mths at least hes done alot more than some lazy people around these days who only get up and move when its giro day.Great harwood has a wine bar that is full every weekend and has been open for a number of years.Lets support the people who are creating jobs instead of knocking them down at the first hurdle.
kiebrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 09:33   #72
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiebrad View Post
The workers have worked hard and the outside looks alot better than most shops in ossy.Good luck to Dave.If it only last 6mths at least hes done a lot more than some lazy people around these days who only get up and move when its giro day.Great harwood has a wine bar that is full every weekend and has been open for a number of years.Lets support the people who are creating jobs instead of knocking them down at the first hurdle.
Nobody's knocking anyone, but obviously with your vast knowledge of Accy Web, after years of contributing with thousands of post, us mere mortals will have to stand in the naughty corner and beg your forgiveness for discussing this proposed venture. Having lived in Ossy for 63 years you get an idea what flies and in the current climate when pubs and clubs are struggling and money in general is tight people will reserve judgement. I hope this venture is a success, but if, as you say, it only last 6 months, then it will have been a very expensive exercise
Old 23-02-2009, 12:39   #73
Senior Member+

what day does it open? went past yesterday and could see nothing in the window about the date it opens

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 13:42   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
The workers have worked hard and the outside looks alot better than most shops in ossy.Good luck to Dave.If it only last 6mths at least hes done alot more than some lazy people around these days who only get up and move when its giro day.Great harwood has a wine bar that is full every weekend and has been open for a number of years.Lets support the people who are creating jobs instead of knocking them down at the first hurdle.
no ones knocking it, in fact most contributers to the thread have wished him well never mind ya mastered the reading, yer half way there, just master the digesting of what ya actually read n you have cracked it.
Old 23-02-2009, 18:07   #75
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I don't think anyone with any sense wishes them anything other than the greatest success.

Starting any new business, at anytime is hard.

Like everyone I'm much rather seen a new venture, that's giving people employment, than another empty shop.

I hope it's a big hit.

They've certainly chosen a town with people who appreciate the odd tipple.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..