Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2008, 22:03   #16
Accy Goddess

Re: Nip Bone

I once dropped a brick on my finger and broke it when I was a little girl. all dad did was brew up some knit bone, stuck me hand in it an told me not to be so soft.
Was left with a bent finger.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2008, 22:12   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Can you be a little more precise than "a few grains"? You know, based on the capacity of the aquarium etc ... I have an aquarium that sometimes could use some of the help you describe.
be very careful with Pot Permag Eric, used to use it at work, once put a very small amount a tablespoon approx in the mens shower header tank, they came out Purple.
Old 10-12-2008, 22:14   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
be very careful with Pot Permag Eric, used to use it at work, once put a very small amount a tablespoon approx in the mens shower header tank, they came out Purple.
How many jobs did you say you have had Cashy ?...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 22:21   #19
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Can you be a little more precise than "a few grains"? You know, based on the capacity of the aquarium etc ... I have an aquarium that sometimes could use some of the help you describe.
The grains I refer to are by weight 7000 = 1lb, do you know any shooters that reload their own ammo, they will show you what 10 grains of Pot Permang looks like. Other than that a slight pinch between your fingers.
Depending on the size of the tank try 5grains first.
They are tropical fish your referring to, it is an anteseptic, too much can harm them.

The water should have a slight pink tinge, when the aereator has circulated the water, it will fade after a few days. Don't overdo it, I used to use it for my Blue Acara's, I also used a stronger mixture in a watering can in the garden, pour it on and all the worms come to the surface, they don't like it, it burns, then I washed them and fed them to the Blueys.
Retlaw.

Last edited by Retlaw; 10-12-2008 at 22:28.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 23:20   #20
God Member

Magpie we have loads of it on our allotment. Not much good atm but if you want some in the spring you can take as much as you want. Let me know when your over this way in the new year and I,ll sort some out for ya np.....
Jim picked some and now we have it in liquid form in an old pop bottle . I use it on all sorts..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:47   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the things we use to get up in that cabin, good time's had by all, he,he.
darwendosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 14:44   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Magpie we have loads of it on our allotment. Not much good atm but if you want some in the spring you can take as much as you want. Let me know when your over this way in the new year and I,ll sort some out for ya np.....
Jim picked some and now we have it in liquid form in an old pop bottle . I use it on all sorts..
ok will do thanks... I can stick some in my garden then:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 18:57   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
The grains I refer to are by weight 7000 = 1lb, do you know any shooters that reload their own ammo, they will show you what 10 grains of Pot Permang looks like. Other than that a slight pinch between your fingers.
Depending on the size of the tank try 5grains first.
They are tropical fish your referring to, it is an anteseptic, too much can harm them.

The water should have a slight pink tinge, when the aereator has circulated the water, it will fade after a few days. Don't overdo it, I used to use it for my Blue Acara's, I also used a stronger mixture in a watering can in the garden, pour it on and all the worms come to the surface, they don't like it, it burns, then I washed them and fed them to the Blueys.
Retlaw.
Thanx ... I load some of my own ammo (303 and 12 gauge) ... so I think I get the picture .... I think I will try the 5 grains first.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..