Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2009, 17:15   #1

Nokia 2760 and texts

To save me the embarrasment of the old people shouldn't have mobile phones syndrome in the shop, can anyone tell me please how to set up my Nokia 2760 to repeat the tone at regular intervals when I receive a message. My old Samsung used to sound at regular intervals until I read the message but the Nokia only sounds once and that is it. My daughter had to ring me at home to ask for a reply to a message she sent me 5 hours previous but because I had put the phone down and missed the original call she was starting to get concerned. Can I set it up to repeat or have I been sold a heap of junk? Ta all.
claytonheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2009, 17:29   #2
God Member

Re: Nokia 2760 and texts

Posted via Mobile Device
Not many phones will ring indefinately till you respond but if it will use mp3 as a ringtone then you can easily make a 10 minute one of a tone repeating.
An old siemans phone i had had some lights on its side that would flash untill you acknowledged the message. It was very useful to see quickly he you had missed a call or text.

One thing to your daughter though is that if she wants an instantaneous response she should call as sms cannot be guaranteed delivery in any specific timeframe.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 18:26   #3

Tis a clever feature of samsung phones rather than one that is standard unfortunately
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 22:20   #4

Does anyone know of any other makes that do the same as the Samsung?
Old 10-08-2009, 00:01   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

sorry mate nobody sends me texts cos i don't here em, so therefore don't answer em, that is apart from my phone company n i just delete em without openin em. can hardly see the face of mobile or the letters so i just aint interested in em, my daughter lives a fair bit away, but she don't text me any more, the message has sunk in.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:37   #6
Resting in Peace

The LG Cookie repeats and you can set the repeat time from 1 min to 20 mins
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:06   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
The LG Cookie repeats and you can set the repeat time from 1 min to 20 mins
But is ridiculously expensive for what appears is going to be limited usage. That and it is unreasonably slow and unresponsive
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:15   #8
Resting in Peace

Mine runs fine i don't mind waiting milliseconds for something to load at my age the phone is a lot faster than me
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:13   #9
Resting in Peace

Its no use texting me I have it turned off all the time, with being in most of the time I'm quite accessible on the land-line
Old 10-08-2009, 16:15   #10

Thanks for the tips all, will have to tell my daughter to ring me, it will be difficult as, like most young people nowadays, they don't know how to speak unless it's in a series of grunts (or am i just getting old????)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..