Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2003, 22:47   #1
june

Post Nolans stall in Accrington Market Hall

I am doing research on a Mr Nolan (d. 1973) who ran a stall in Accrington Market.  He was a very gifted man, good at sculptures.  Anyone know anything about him or where any of his work can be seen?
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2003, 15:22   #2
emma1

Post Re: Nolans stall in Accrington Market Hall

Jack Nolan is my great uncle and our family has alot of his work you used to be able to see it at Howarth art gallery dont think it is there anymore if you want to know anything more just message me and i will do my best to help you
Old 24-07-2003, 22:33   #3
Senior Member+

Thank you so much for replying.  I have been interested in the work of Mr Nolan for quite some time now, but been unable to locate any of it, other than the bust of Winston Churchill which is now in Bash Con.
I am about to put a small article on him on my web site but would love to be able to add more information and pictures of his work.  I am aware that Jack Lomax in Accrington Market Hall does have the self portrait that your g'grandfather did.

[email protected]
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2003, 13:24   #4

Ive got some pics of his work which I'll send to Em theres quite a bit of his work in our family, so it may take some time. Have lots of info about him and his life and will share anything you need to know. Did you know that he actually built an airplane and flew it off the top of the coppice?? Brave man eh??
Droo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..