Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2010, 10:08   #1
Senior Member+

Number of a good decorator

I don't post on here much so i apologise if I have put this under the wrong section, I'm sure a moderator will move it for me if I have.

As the title says, I need the number of a decorator if anyone knows one. The reason being, Ian's mum is
going to be moving into a flat near us through Hyndburn Homes. It's just had a new kitchen and bathroom fitted so those rooms are fine. But the living room, bedroom and hallway all need decorating as some of the paper is torn in places.

With us both working full time and having two young children to sort, it doesn't really leave us much time to do anything else, so if anyone does have a number it would be much appreciated.

I know it's going to be very hard for Ian's mum to leave the house that she has lived in for the last sixty years, so I want to make sure everything is just right for her in her new place.

Thanks in advance, and again sorry if I have put this post in the wrong section.

Julie

Posted via Mobile Device
buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-08-2010, 10:18   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Number of a good decorator

We had some decorators in a few years ago and the chap was really good...he lived in Sabden....and I know that isn't much help....but I am sure I passed his number on to Katex......wonder if she still has it....or whether you could check with the archives for the number
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 10:23   #3
Beacon of light

Cashy, we had a chap called Mark Rigby do our ceiling....he did an amazing job and it didn't take him long....and he did it on his own.
his details...Mark Rigby Telephone mobile 07740869333.
Now I don't know how much he charges, as our work was covered by the insurance when the ceiling fell in.
I would have no hesitation in recommending him.

Katex, you might want to get a quote too.
The world will not be destroyed by evil people...
It will be destroyed by those who stand by and do Nothing.
(a paraphrase on a quote by Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Mick; 17-06-2011 at 03:52.
Old 25-08-2010, 10:26   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

we used the guy after margaret posted the number, did a great job n very good bloke as well, hope that helps.
Old 25-08-2010, 10:27   #5
Full Member+

We use Steve Moore , lives on Whittaker St Accy.Recommend to anyone.

Last edited by Mick; 17-06-2011 at 03:52.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 10:33   #6
Give, give, give member

Sorry, I don't.

Though I'd just like to say I hope she soon settles in her new home, and will be very happy there.

It's been mentioned before that you wanted her nearer to you, and I'm glad this has happened.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 11:42   #7
God Member

its taken over 5 years of waiting and is a first floor flat so not our first choice but she was never lower than 6th in the queue for the bungalows on that group. For now she can manage the stairs and we will probably get her a stair lift to help.

the living room, bedroom, hall and stairs need doing as there are lots of bits of paper been ripped off where they have done replastring etc. the stakrs re low priority as a decent wallop of new emulsion will make them presentable, its the living room, bedroom and hall that are must do's.

cant wait to get her moved in though and away from the nightmare that Spring Hill has become.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 11:55   #8
God Member

Can't help with a number but do hope your Mum settles in well
Old 25-08-2010, 12:43   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
its taken over 5 years of waiting and is a first floor flat so not our first choice but she was never lower than 6th in the queue for the bungalows on that group. For now she can manage the stairs and we will probably get her a stair lift to help.

the living room, bedroom, hall and stairs need doing as there are lots of bits of paper been ripped off where they have done replastring etc. the stakrs re low priority as a decent wallop of new emulsion will make them presentable, its the living room, bedroom and hall that are must do's.

cant wait to get her moved in though and away from the nightmare that Spring Hill has become.
I'm sure she'll soon settle in, and love being nearer to you and the children.

It is a sad state of affairs, considering we have a growing elderly population, how little ground floor accommodation there is locally.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 13:10   #10
God Member

I am on the look out for a bungalow too.
There were a couple on Ashworth St Baxenden recently, but the number of people who applied was far more than anywhere else, and the advert did say that preference would be given to people with connections to that area.

Since I had my shower install my need is not pressing.
Maybe when I can't do stairs anymore I will be keeping a close watchout for bungalows on Beech Close up New Lane.

The only thing I miss living here is a tiny private patch of grass where I can sit out without having to heave my lounge chair up and down 13 steps.

There are drawbacks to wherever you live - but I think peace and quiet is the most essential need in old age.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 13:41   #11

Hi yes i know a good painter & decorator its Maverick 07757004605 hes good and reliable please feel free to ring ....
kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 15:29   #12
God Member

How about Isaac? I'm sure cashman will give him a reference.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 17:45   #13
Senior Member+

Thanks all for your recommendations, i'll make a few phone calls when I get back from the caravan with Ian and the children.

It will make things so much easier for everyone involved with her being closer to us. I just can't believe it's taken 5 years to get a place. It's just a shame we couldn't get her into ground floor accomadation. As Margaret said
those on Ashworth Street Baxenden get far more people applying, we tried a few times, thankfully we were lucky this time, and I think that is purely because it is an upstairs flat.

Posted via Mobile Device
buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 17:50   #14
Beacon of light

Hope she is very happy in her new home.
Old 26-08-2010, 07:38   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy, we had a chap called Mark Rigby do our ceiling....he did an amazing job and it didn't take him long....and he did it on his own.
his details...Mark Rigby Telephone mobile 07740869333.
Katex, you might want to get a quote too.

Last edited by Mick; 17-06-2011 at 03:53.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..