Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2013, 20:08   #1

oak hill park party

Hi can any one tell me where to find any info on the party which is held in oak hill park with the bands and stalls etc, im sure i read somewhere that it was this weekend but i cant find any thing on the internet??
corbyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-07-2013, 23:43   #2

Re: oak hill park party

I think you might have mixed it up with a Fun Day that was held in Rhyddings Park, Oswaldtwistle today, Sunday 14th July. With the fantastic weather it turned out to be a brilliant day and hundreds attended.
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 07:25   #3
Beacon of light

or maybe the Mela that was held a few years ago.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 16:15   #4
Senior Member+

The Mela usually is in August I think
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 18:08   #5

That brings back memories from when I was a little kid. Didnt the oakhill party used to be done every year? Was great for me when I was a kid apart from when I climbed that big statue and couldnt get down haha!
JonnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 15:32   #6
God Member

There was a lot of confusion about the Accrington event. Apparently, there was a concert on the 14th July but it was held in The Attic, not Oak Hill which was what the papers had said. I have no idea why the papers got it mixed up. It was organised by Paul Fox I think, and I think Cllr Dobson was involved but I don't know for sure. I hope they got a lot of people though.

Fortunately they didn't mix up the information about the Rhyddings Park one because we had loads of people attending. The weather helped.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..