Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2003, 23:03   #16

Post Re: Oranges are not the only Fruit.

"fantasty rooms" i think it was called a room design program with laurence lewelyn bowen who was visiting tiffany glass to give him inspiration for a room he was doing.
malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-10-2003, 08:49   #17
God Member

Am I the only one here who does not give a *!"^ about Oranges are not the only fruit?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 08:57   #18
Jo

Yep, looks like you are.
And remember Tealeaf, although you may not believe this judging from you ceiling, phone and wheelie bin: orange is not the only colour either....  ;D
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 09:16   #19
I am Banned

Never seen the program. In fact I only found out through this thread that there is even a connection with the area...  WHATS IT ABOUT ? When was it on.. how many episodes.. A series was it.. whos in it ?

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 09:23   #20
Jo

The books the best bet for a starter, then watch the film after it.
It's about a girl growing up in Accy in a penticostal church community with strict parents in quite poor and very restrictive conditions. Can't tell you more or it'd spoil the story - definitely worthwhile though, Harry.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:25   #21
God Member

I've read that it's about rampant lesbian activity all around Accy in the 1950's - apparently, not many people knew it went on, but it did.

This Lesbo thing really does not interest me, unless of course It's a pair of 20 year olds, one blondie, one brunette, nice bums, nice up top, long legs and they're desperate for a 3 up with yours truly.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:26   #22
God Member

Eh....are Jo & me on about the same book?
Old 10-10-2003, 09:52   #23
Jo

Yeah Tealeaf we are. But the "Lesbo thing" is only the outcome of the supression. There is much more to the book than that. It says a lot about Accy is those years and about certain church communities in particular and about being girl in puberty years with no-one to turn to.
Anyway, you just spoilt the end for Harry!
Old 10-10-2003, 09:59   #24
God Member

Sorry to spoil the end Harry....apparently the book is all about the meaning of life as we know it
Old 10-10-2003, 10:08   #25
I am Banned

The meaning of life eh?  I preffered the Monty Python version of that

This oranges thing has been on Sky.. some odd channel and I didnt take any notice.. I will wait until it appears again as it surely will
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 10:13   #26
God Member

Yeah....you never know, their may may a sequel...ORNTOF (II)..directed by Quentin Tarrentino....lesbian gang massacres all round Accy in 1960....town hall covered in ketchup...lovely stuff
Old 10-10-2003, 11:10   #27
Jo

Think you've drunk too much green tea with peppermint today Tealeaf.
You're rather aggressive - should cut down the dosage! Shall I send you some Camomile??  ;D
Old 10-10-2003, 11:12   #28
God Member

I'm a gentle soul, Jo.....you know that. Anyway, I'm perfectly happy with Imperial Leather
Old 10-10-2003, 11:14   #29
Jo

I meant camomile tea silly!! Not the soap!!
Took me a while to get what you were on about there - imperial leather??

Know you're gentle really, you just get heated occasionally on certain subjects.  :-*
Old 10-10-2003, 11:17   #30
God Member

I wondered what you was on about......I don't get heated, do I?...Is that the impression I give.....I always thought I was just thinking outside the box....and trying to follow it through to it's logical conclusion

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..