Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2009, 12:30   #1
Caz
God Member

Ossie teens' racist site

Does anyone on here know what the "severe punishment" was? Oswaldtwistle teens set up racist website (From Lancashire Telegraph)

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2009, 12:47   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

re: Ossie teens' racist site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
Does anyone on here know what the "severe punishment" was?
Yes they have been forced to become administrators and mods on a local website.

That'll teach 'em!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2009, 13:42   #3
God Member

Re: Ossie teens' racist site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
Does anyone on here know what the "severe punishment" was?
yes they had to wite "Keep the Black ******** In " x 200 and arnt allowed to take a toy in on the next toy day

i dont see it as been anything to do with the school , if there was illigal activity its the polices job to deal with it not the schools wether or not the schools name was mentioned

my youngest brother was assaulted and mugged by 4 older lads when at moorhead and the police let the school deal with it even though the mugging occured outside the school gates after school had finished

he never got his belongings back and the muggers didnt get so much as detention but merely a letter to their parents saying how naughty their darlings had been yet if i had gone to the school to shake the little sods until they returned his stuff i would have been in trouble with the police

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2009, 14:12   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
yes they had to wite "Keep the Black ******** In " x 200 and arnt allowed to take a toy in on the next toy day

i dont see it as been anything to do with the school , if there was illigal activity its the polices job to deal with it not the schools wether or not the schools name was mentioned

my youngest brother was assaulted and mugged by 4 older lads when at moorhead and the police let the school deal with it even though the mugging occured outside the school gates after school had finished

he never got his belongings back and the muggers didn't get so much as detention but merely a letter to their parents saying how naughty their darlings had been yet if i had gone to the school to shake the little sods until they returned his stuff i would have been in trouble with the police
Sadly that's the way things are today accyman, you and I know what would have happened if you'd have gone to the school. Yet nothing happens and the injured party suffers, it won't be long before people say enough is enough, As for this web site and the punishment
Old 14-03-2009, 15:00   #5

They didn't create a website they created a facebook group
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2009, 15:05   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
They didn't create a website they created a facebook group
ta fer correction, but is that really relevant?
Old 14-03-2009, 15:32   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ta fer correction, but is that really relevant?
No not really but it would be nice if the newspaper could get it right.
Old 14-03-2009, 15:46   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

Agreed.. the school has very little options..it's either a telling off or expulsion...I don't see the latter doing any good.
I don't know the racial mix of Ryddings but I imagine this incident is not very nice for any black kids attending.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2009, 16:31   #9
Give, give, give member

It seems these stupid little idiots were lucky not to be prosecuted for publishing racist comments.

Here's a link where a man was fined for saying similar things to his neighbour.

BNP man fined over racist abuse - News - Manchester Evening News

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2009, 18:11   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
No not really but it would be nice if the newspaper could get it right.
Yea that was my point
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2009, 18:28   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Yea that was my point
i know, but ya never actually commented about the incident, still haven't.
Old 14-03-2009, 18:39   #12

Sadly I think racism both ways is rife within our secondary schools - and that is the key thing here. We can teach our little darlings all about the rights and wrongs of abusive behaviour towards all ethnic populations but at the end of the day we have to rely on their parents to teach their offspring in a similar fashion. It doesn't happen.

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2009, 20:57   #13
Passed away 25-11-09

Sticking my neck out, I think there is correlation with the "Multiculturalism" thread here. These kids, along with so many people, were (are) seeing people of different colour/creed/culture as a seperate entity, not part of "our" society, apart from us.

The reason they see things that way is that is how Society is encouraging different cultures to behave. So many laws to preserve the "seperateness", so many instances of perceived one-sided treatment, no insistence on integration.

The kids were reflecting an attitude that's becoming more and more prevalent, born of resentment at the lack of integration and anger at the extreme behaviour of a growing faction. I don't in any way condone what they did but I fear there will be a lot more of the same in the future.
Old 15-03-2009, 04:26   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Sticking my neck out, I think there is correlation with the "Multiculturalism" thread here. These kids, along with so many people, were (are) seeing people of different colour/creed/culture as a seperate entity, not part of "our" society, apart from us.

The reason they see things that way is that is how Society is encouraging different cultures to behave. So many laws to preserve the "seperateness", so many instances of perceived one-sided treatment, no insistence on integration.

The kids were reflecting an attitude that's becoming more and more prevalent, born of resentment at the lack of integration and anger at the extreme behaviour of a growing faction. I don't in any way condone what they did but I fear there will be a lot more of the same in the future.
Same as in the past... but slogans like send the black bastards home is in the present....got a feeling that some bods on here share the same view..so what is the point in trying to make kids take a different attitude when thier parents...or grandparents ..post racist stuff on here?..but of course no one on this forum is racist... and it would never be thier kids ..hey.. it's a free world!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2009, 19:12   #15

How can the school deal with it if there was a racial incident ? If it took place on school grounds and school time, and wasnt illegal then OK, but this was outside of school etc. Whats next ? If I commit a crime whilst at work my boss can decide whether to let me off?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..