Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2008, 14:58   #1
Junior Member+

Parking in Accrington

This is a bit dull, but I'd really appreciate any info - I start work in Accrington tomorrow and I've just spent one & a half hours trawling round looking for somewhere in Accrington I can park for the whole day. All the car parks around the centre seem to be limited to 3 hours.

Could I park, say, in Avenue Parade and walk into town? any other suggestions?

Thanks

Mrs D
Mrs Dickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2008, 15:01   #2
God Member

Re: Parking in Accrington

You can park all day on the Arndale but have to use the top level, unless they have changed the ruling again

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 15:05   #3
Junior Member+

Hi KSH

Thanks - Someone else told me that so I drove all the way to the top level. However, the notice there clearly says that it's limited to 3 hours so either they've changed the rules or you have to be "in the know". I really can't afford a parking fine so I'll be heading for residential areas and walking in.

Mrs D
Old 03-11-2008, 15:15   #4
God Member

Can't you catch a bus, walk or cycle?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 15:16   #5
God Member

The car park off Eastgate was originally all day free parking - maybe still is - someone here will know
Accrington UK - Google Maps

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 15:32   #6

Yep I agree Margaret im sure that the car park in between the Queens and Kings is all day parking for free

Have you seen me dancing, i mean really dancing!!!

Claire Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 15:36   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Cal View Post
Yep I agree Margaret im sure that the car park in between the Queens and Kings is all day parking for free
So there are other car parks on Eastgate here (as well as the map already posted)-
Accrington UK - Google Maps

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 15:41   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Dickens View Post
Hi KSH

Thanks - Someone else told me that so I drove all the way to the top level. However, the notice there clearly says that it's limited to 3 hours so either they've changed the rules or you have to be "in the know". I really can't afford a parking fine so I'll be heading for residential areas and walking in.

Mrs D
I would be very careful of parking in a residential area, some residents around Avenue parade, take exception to people parking outside their houses.
Might be waiting for you coming back, or damage your car.
Try to find a patch with no houses, like Park St or part of Washington St.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 15:56   #9
Junior Member+

Hi MargaretR,

As I mentioned, I'm pretty sure I studied all the car parks on Eastgate this afternoon, as this is where my employer suggested, but all those I saw clearly stated 3 hour max.

Mrs D
Old 03-11-2008, 15:57   #10
Junior Member+

Thanks Retlaw, I'll check out those locations and try there, it'll be very early so I might have a chance.

Mrs D
Old 03-11-2008, 16:14   #11
Junior Member+

No, can't walk or cycle. Only one bus route from Padiham to Accrington and bus at inconvenient time - getting me in half an hour early. Maybe I'm soft but I don't want to hang about in the winter cold & wet until my place of work opens! Also, I'll be "on show" immediately and need to be presentable rather than windswept.
Old 03-11-2008, 16:14   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Park St, just off avenue parade will fine, now Peel House has moved, till ya suss out, ask at town hall in yer lunch about top level of arndale.
Old 03-11-2008, 16:59   #13
Senior Member+

You can park on Superbowl/Vue car park all day. Thats were my Mum parks.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 17:49   #14
God Member

Posted via Mobile Devicegrange lane is also ok all day
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 18:19   #15
Junior Member+

Thanks everyone for all suggestions, plan is to park in Park Street and call into Town Hall to find out about multi-storey in lunch hour. I can sleep easy now!

Mrs D

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..