Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2012, 14:47   #46
I am Banned
 

Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Statutes are laws passed by acts of parliament......English courts recognise the primacy of statute law over common law where the two overlap.
Now if I remember rightly, your previous ego didn't recognise statute law.....prefering to cite common law.
As for your comment on the DVLA.....they do not own your car...you only notify them of the sale of the vehicle so that they may levy the duty to the new owner rather that you....and if you do not notify them of this change of ownership, then you might just find that you get all kinds of traffic tickets sent to you when you no longer own that vehicle....and I think you can be fined for not notifying a change of owner.
Statutes/Acts by their own definition are not laws...why not call them laws instead of rules?...i might have to open a new thread on this1 as there seems to be abit of controversy( but i think i'll wait for detective supersue to get back from her hols)

Last edited by Chris SUI JURIS; 19-10-2012 at 14:53.
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-10-2012, 14:48   #47
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

I wouldn't bother.
I think we have already had your take on how you view the law of the land.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 14:52   #48
I am Banned
 

Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I wouldn't bother.
I think we have already had your take on how you view the law of the land.

i don't rely Wikipedia if thats what you mean Marg
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 14:53   #49
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

neither do I.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 17:35   #50
Resting in Peace

 
katex's Avatar
 

Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

These are the signs displayed in the Service Bay (not quite where I think Hairylee parked). They are not the official Parking monitors of LCC, and therefore will not have any authority to charge you a penalty or take you to court .... unless to recover their losses, which they don't have due to no charge for parking in this particular area.

I would completely ignore it, however, I am not Hairylee and she may feel threatened and pay up which is understandable.

004.jpg

This is the company :

ANPR Ltd - Parking tickets enforcement
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 22:35   #51
I am Banned
 

Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

i'd send them a picture of my middle finger with no contract,no obligation wrote on it

Private land??? ok if you say so

Last edited by Chris SUI JURIS; 19-10-2012 at 22:38.
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 22:46   #52
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

No everything is as you say, you are the master being.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 22:51   #53
I am Banned
 

Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
No everything is as you say, you are the master being.
i may seem like i have a better view from my high horse but thats not my intentions cash
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 22:53   #54
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
i may seem like i have a better view from my high horse but thats not my intentions cash
Perhaps not, maybe its just to irritate folk.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 23:34   #55
Full Member
 
keith higson's Avatar
 

Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

I agree that a disabled pass is for a disabled person, however I would have thought that such a pass can be used by an abled bodied person provided that they are only using it to transport the holder of the pass, after all there are , unfortunately, persons who cannot walk etc , how are they supposed to get around?.
keith higson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 00:08   #56
Administrator

 
Neil's Avatar
Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
......I accepted I was parked illegally because my wife was sat in the car, anyway he wished me a good day and went on his merry way......
Why were you parked illegally, was it because your wife was still in the car?
__________________
Site Forum Rules/ Site Disclaimer can be seen from this link
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 11:18   #57
Senior Member+
 

Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

Perhaps all Blue Badge owners should read the handbook that comes wtih the Blue Badge. Page 21 seems to apply in the case of the original post
__________________
Regards,
Barrie
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 11:28   #58
I am Banned
 

Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
No everything is as you say, you are the master being.
Funny you should say that cash,i am actually the master,but only if i'm dealing with the courts or police i don't use my Mr title
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 11:33   #59
I am Banned
 

Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Why were you parked illegally, was it because your wife was still in the car?
lol i assume he means he didnt want to kick up a fuss infront of the wife
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 13:15   #60
Resting in Peace

 
katex's Avatar
 

Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Why were you parked illegally, was it because your wife was still in the car?
Figured he meant on double yellows, Neil.

I find this statement from the Government guidelines a little confusing.
Appears not illegal for a non-disabled person to pop into the shop as long as the holder is sat in the car. What do you think ?

'You should not use the badge to allow non-disabled people to take advantage of the benefits while you sit in the car. Although it is not illegal for a badge holder, or a non-disabled person waiting for the badge holder to return, to remain in the vehicle while the Blue Badge is displayed, consideration should be given to using a car park whenever possible'
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 00:39.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.27571 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1