Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2012, 06:33   #76
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
I bet you are real fun at parties......
Don't encourage him, he might think he's invited to the Christmas meet if you do.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-10-2012, 14:10   #77
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Don't encourage him, he might think he's invited to the Christmas meet if you do.
Am I not invited? discrimination on Accyweb?
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 15:42   #78
I am Banned

Tuesday, 23 October 2012Eastgate Retail Park - parking update
After a very long a protracted dispute between the owners of Eastgate retail park and the parking company they employed, the contract between them has now been terminated.
The Deputy leader of the Hyndburn Council, Cllr Clare Pritchard said;
“The Council has had many complaints about the way the parking restrictions were imposed on Eastgate.

I must stress that this car park is not owned by the Council, however we’ve worked hard along with local MP Graham Jones, on behalf of the people affected to try and get a satisfactory resolution to the problem. It is very disappointing that to date no clear instruction has been given regarding tickets issued between 2/6/12-8/7/12 in regard to outstanding fines and refund to those who have paid.

A promise was made months ago to waive outstanding fines. I have written to letting agents to express my concern that the most honest were being treated most unfairly; that those who had already and unfortunately paid won't be receiving a refund. What message does this send out about the companies involved and about society in general?

Both Excel car parking and the owners (via their letting agents) have created and overseen chaos where money, profit and greed and have come first, ripped off customers come last. This issue that has dragged on for months with no responsible outcome from either company. After a very long a protracted dispute between the owners of Eastgate retail park and the parking company they employed Excel, the contract between them has now been terminated.

There seems to be a case where the civil fines were wholly disproportionate and may not be supported in a court of law.
Cllr Pritchard continued; “This is a highly regrettable situation where the letting agent and the car parking company seem to have kicked this issue into the long grass. The good news is that parking on Eastgate is now back to 3 hours, in line with the free parking policy throughout the rest of the town and we will continue to pursue this issue on behalf of residents.”
In short I would encourage people not to use this car park as the owners are clearly unreliable; they have shown they will randomly and unfairly change free car parking times and terms with minimum notice and hand out costly fines like confetti.

It's a shame that major companies like Morrisons have remained silent on this issue and shows that interests do not lie with their customers.
Old 27-10-2012, 23:11   #79
I am Banned

It seems the council turned to a private company to do their dirty work, not realizing that by doing that they were attempting to get us to comply with that company (that we dont have a contract with)....... Maybe if they'd kept the old parkies they would have had more luck ...........MAYBE they drank the fluorided water and got flu shots
Old 28-10-2012, 00:25   #80
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
It seems the council turned to a private company to do their dirty work....
What dirty work and which Council?
Old 28-10-2012, 01:42   #81
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What dirty work and which Council?

This Council Lancashire County Council - Homepage
Issuing folk with unlawful parking notices/fines via ANPR Ltd - Parking tickets enforcement

I assume it's the same for the owners of the retail park issuing unlawful notices/fines via excel or any other company

Glad i'm not a cash cow

Last edited by Chris SUI JURIS; 28-10-2012 at 01:47.
Old 21-06-2017, 13:54   #82

was it a private parking firm? don't pay your fine because you have caused no loss or harm and they can't charge or fine you.the land around the town hall and market hall is not private land it is public land ergo belongs to you and me and everyone and they are acting unlawfully
martini01uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 14:03   #83
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martini01uk View Post
was it a private parking firm? don't pay your fine because you have caused no loss or harm and they can't charge or fine you.the land around the town hall and market hall is not private land it is public land ergo belongs to you and me and everyone and they are acting unlawfully

You have replied to a 5 year old post and what you've said is wrong. Around the market hall is part of the highway so the council can issue tickets and you do have to pay or they can take you to court. Even if the council contract out the issuing of parking fines you still have to pay
Old 09-02-2018, 22:51   #84

Parking with a disabled badge is always an issue.
Firstly in order for the badge to be valid the vehicle has to be parked and being used for the benefit of the disabled badge holder. Them being in the car at the time of parking doesn't qualify if you were popping to the shops for your own benefit. If the goods you bought were for your mum then as the trip and necessary parking were for the benefit of your mum then on the face of it no problem. HOWEVER you have parked in bays which are clearly for permit holders only. This does not include disabled badge holders so I agree with Flashy. You would have been better and legal parking on the yellows.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..