Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2008, 15:16   #1
God Member

Peel House Email Addy...........

Does anyone know the email address for this `wonderful` establishment..............? i feel a letter of complaint coming on.......
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-12-2008, 15:18   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Peel House Email Addy...........

ooh dear, whats happened?

my card thingy only has phone and fax numbers on it.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 15:21   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
Does anyone know the email address for this `wonderful` establishment..............? i feel a letter of complaint coming on.......
dont bother

it will take up to 2 weeks for it to reach any doctor there or upto a year to reach your own actuall doctor

its a bit like their appointment system in the way it appears to be modern but dosnt work at all

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 15:27   #4
God Member

Basically to cut a long story short my mother in law contacted them last tues to book a blood test tomorrow - she needs it doing tomorrow as she has to take oral chemotherapy tablets on tuesday. Its paramount that her bloods are checked before she can start. the lovely receptionists down there told her absolutley no way could she have a blood test & she would have to drive to Burnley hospital - it was explained that she often does not feel like driving & is classed as terminally ill as there is no cure for the cancer she has but still the answer is no my wife is fuming & on the verge of going down there tomorrow to give the little hitlers on reception a piece of her mind....... that place is an absolute joke so right now i`m calming myself and gonna start composing a `nice` email.
Old 07-12-2008, 15:29   #5
Senior Member+

is there not a blood clinic on a weds afternoon? Its the same time as antenatal clinic and i dont think all those old ladies are pregnant lol

just re read it and seen she needs it before tuesday... thats stupid!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 07-12-2008, 15:29   #6
Senior Member+

Can't help with the email address but you go get them pip, they deserve to be told and I hope that you can get what you need sorting very quickly
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 15:30   #7
God Member

Quote:
Basically to cut a long story short my mother in law contacted them last tues to book a blood test tomorrow - she needs it doing tomorrow as she has to take oral chemotherapy tablets on tuesday. Its paramount that her bloods are checked before she can start. the lovely receptionists down there told her absolutley no way could she have a blood test & she would have to drive to Burnley hospital - it was explained that she often does not feel like driving & is classed as terminally ill as there is no cure for the cancer she has but still the answer is no my wife is fuming & on the verge of going down there tomorrow to give the little hitlers on reception a piece of her mind....... that place is an absolute joke so right now i`m calming myself and gonna start composing a `nice` email.
One of the jobs I would most hate to do is be a doctor's receptionist.

Is it the receptionists' fault or are they just following instructions from the doctors?
Old 07-12-2008, 15:31   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
is there not a blood clinic on a weds afternoon? Its the same time as antenatal clinic and i dont think all those old ladies are pregnant lol

Maybe but they must be done tomorrow to enable her to start her next course of chemotherapy............
Old 07-12-2008, 15:32   #9
God Member

The email address is on their website.

Peel House Medical Practice - Home
Old 07-12-2008, 15:33   #10
Senior Member+

could she not make an appointment with the nurse for something else then say 'oh while i am here i need my bloods doing?'

Old 07-12-2008, 15:33   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Is it the receptionists' fault or are they just following instructions from the doctors?

Its not the first incident along these lines and when the doctors have been told previously they have been mortified..........those people follow NO instructions but their own.............she hasn`t got a cold she has got CANCER.....for gods sake
Old 07-12-2008, 15:34   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
could she not make an appointment with the nurse for something else then say 'oh while i am here i need my bloods doing?'

Thats what i said........
Old 07-12-2008, 15:36   #13
God Member

Quote:
Its not the first incident along these lines and when the doctors have been told previously they have been mortified..........those people follow NO instructions but their own.............she hasn`t got a cold she has got CANCER.....for gods sake
In that case, see my post 9 in this thread and get emailing. That's terrible.
Old 07-12-2008, 15:37   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
The email address is on their website.

Peel House Medical Practice - Home

Thats great thanx, i could`nt find it for some reason.....duh
Old 07-12-2008, 15:39   #15
God Member

Quote:
Thats great thanx, i could`nt find it for some reason.....duh
Best of luck.

People shouldn't have to go through all this on top of having cancer.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..