Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2005, 23:50   #136

Re: Peel Park teacher Mr Ryan

i'm only jealous!!!!!!!!!!
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2005, 13:29   #137
Beacon of light

No, I'm not jealous......I like where I am now, if I could just have some new knees,and 20/20 vision.......I'd have to go back to work!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2005, 15:33   #138

i KNOW THE FEELING , MY KNEES ARE KNACKERED TOO , AND I DO MISS WORK AND THE CRACK WITH THE LADS ON THE CREWS
Old 20-02-2005, 19:42   #139
Beacon of light

I do miss the crack sometimes, but on the whole wouldn't go back for all the tea in China......too much b****y hassle. Funnily enough I still dream about work.
Old 20-02-2005, 19:47   #140
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Funnily enough I still dream about work.
Hey that is so sad, you know what they say "don't look back"
Just enjoy life

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2005, 20:32   #141
Beacon of light

Park it is very sad indeed because I work so hard some nights and at the end of the month what is in the pay packet......zero, zilch, nothing.
Nothing could be sadder than that!
Old 20-02-2005, 20:50   #142
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Park it is very sad indeed because I work so hard some nights and at the end of the month what is in the pay packet......zero, zilch, nothing.
Nothing could be sadder than that!
Gota agree with you there !!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2005, 23:09   #143

i STILL DREAM ABOUT WORK SOMETIMES BUT IT IS USUALLY THE BAD PARTS OF WORK AND WHAT A LOVELY FEELING WHEN YOU WAKE UP (SOMETIMES IN A SWEAT) AND REALISE YOU WERE DREAMING AND THAT YOU WILL NEVER BE PUT IN THAT SORT OF POSITION AGAIN. JUST KEEP SENDING THE PENSION...........
Old 23-02-2005, 00:28   #144
Give, give, give member

sorry to interrupt thread, but chris ryan taught me for 2 years, 1974-76, @ moor end in ossy. he was the best teacher l ever had l just wrote & starred in plays for 2 years ,& painted- though l m still a bit hazy about long division. he also played cricket for enfield, before going to peel park. he lived in great harwood & l used to know his daughter cathy.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 17:32   #145
Beacon of light

Garinda..... you are not interrupting a thread. It is WE who have hijacked the thread with our reminiscences which go back to before Mr Ryan......and then we descended into whimsy. It needs putting back on track......Thank you for doing it.
Old 17-06-2014, 01:16   #146

Further to the following posts re. Mr. Gleave, he was pretty nifty with the ruler on your knuckles aswell - not to mention a big heavy book on the head! Yet he still managed to be well-liked & respected somehow ..

Last edited by Judithw; 17-06-2014 at 01:20. Reason: Wasn't referring to Mr. Ryan but Mr. Gleave.
Judithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 20:45   #147

Hi, new member here, just wondering if anyone remembers Mr Mckeown? brilliant teacher at Peel Park..I left in 1982. I am trying to track him down if anyone has any info on his whereabouts...
mossy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..