Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2009, 17:06   #1

Arrow Pennine Reach

Does anyone know where I can view a map of the proposed Pennine Reach bus lanes please?
elwoodsusanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-06-2009, 09:35   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Pennine Reach

Try PennineReach
Old 21-06-2009, 10:05   #3

Arrow Re: Pennine Reach

Thank you, I have that information but would like to see a map of the route that the Pennine Reach is going to take, and wondered where one was available.
Old 21-06-2009, 11:40   #4
Senior Member+

Try the Lancashire County Council website. The route should be on there. You could also try Hyndburn Council's website.

More likely to be on the County website, as the pennine reach is a County project.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 11:56   #5
Resting in Peace

They've all been taken off Bernard after the public consulatation, try this Elwood :-

http://www.transportforlancashire.co...eReachA2v4.pdf

Takes time to download, but does eventually.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 12:03   #6

Arrow Re: Pennine Reach

Just what I was looking for
Sue
Old 21-06-2009, 12:08   #7
Resting in Peace

Actually, if you go into this thread and the link put up by Panther, can still get all the leaflets and information:-

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ach-40070.html
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 22:53   #8
Give, give, give member

'A CONTROVERSIAL £50million bus lane scheme to link Blackburn, Darwen and Hyndburn could be axed by the new government.'
Blackburn, Darwen and Hyndburn bus lane funding maybe axed (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Good.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 23:06   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'A CONTROVERSIAL £50million bus lane scheme to link Blackburn, Darwen and Hyndburn could be axed by the new government.'
Blackburn, Darwen and Hyndburn bus lane funding maybe axed (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Good.
Twas a dumb idea to begin with IMHO. n if thats cut will be pretty painless.
Old 23-05-2010, 23:21   #10
Senior Member+

I know not everyone was a supporter of the Pennine Reach project, but part of it was the bus station. If the bus route is scrapped, I really do hope that doesn't mean that we won't be getting a new bus station.
Old 23-05-2010, 23:26   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
I know not everyone was a supporter of the Pennine Reach project, but part of it was the bus station. If the bus route is scrapped, I really do hope that doesn't mean that we won't be getting a new bus station.
Yes I remember.

Accept this dictat, and you'll have the sweetner of a bung, to build a new bus station.

Pennine Reach was a daft idea, and would have harmed businesses along the route, and moving the bus station nearer to the railway station, and further away from the town centre, would have been another nail in the coffin of Accrington's independent retailers.

Best thing going, if it's scrapped.

Old 23-05-2010, 23:30   #12
Give, give, give member

Town planning in Accrington doesn't exactly fill you with confidence.

You only have to look at the appalling state of our once thriving market, after it had been moved around, to see that.

Some people should really only be allowed Lego to play with.

Old 23-05-2010, 23:32   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

to be perfectly honest bernard i know no-one that has a business on that route, that "WAS" in favour of it,
Old 23-05-2010, 23:46   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
to be perfectly honest bernard i know no-one that has a business on that route, that "WAS" in favour of it,
I'm not particularly arguing the case for the bus route, I know there are problems with it,and a lot of people are opposed to it. But we do need in my view a new bus station.

There's an argument to be had, as to where a new bus station should be sighted.But I have long held the belief that a new bus station is essential.
Old 24-05-2010, 00:02   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Don't dispute the existing bus station is crap, think a bus station needs to be pretty central in accy, where there is room fer it though is summat else, n fer my money, needs to be a seperate issue from this "pennine reach"?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..