Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 20:50   #46

Re: pets

We have had a westie for about 12 years, a bit smelly now he is getting older, but washing bedding often and bathing him keeps the pong down. Have also 2 cats that we rescued off the streets. no smell at all, as they are litter trained and never do a thing in the house. love dogs, but will keep to cats in future as they are not half the work and give loads of affection, if the house smells it's always the owners fault.
shazfury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2007, 21:21   #47
Senior Member+

snakes, they make the best pets, get its home set up right and you can even go on holiday without anyone having to look after it, oh and the fish in the pond arent bad either but ponds are hard work, dont let anyone tell you different
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 21:26   #48
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
oh and the fish in the pond arent bad either but ponds are hard work, dont let anyone tell you different
If ponds are hard work, doesn't that make fish hard work? Or do you keep your fish somewhere else? Oh, no, you've already said fish in ponds!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:24   #49

i dont think its tight like you said youll be the one cleaning up after it, your kids will have plenty of time to get a pet when they have left home lol
Old 08-08-2007, 08:24   #50

although i do have a dog
Old 08-08-2007, 19:11   #51
God Member

I have a Rotti, Hera, she is my best friend and home security system all in one package: two cats, Sadie, an eighteen yr old lady, and LB (it didn't seem right to call him little ******) who arrived on my deck as a starving little kitten about 3 mnts ago. I feed some stray cats and the raccoons, squirrels, wild birds etc. One of the cutest and sweetest pets I ever had was a de-scented skunk, back in Sask., about 20 yrs ago. I couldn't imagine a life without pets, and a few assorted friendly wild critters.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 20:30   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
who has em, i dont have any, even though my kids want a dog, but i know ill be the one cleaning all the muck and feeding and walking em, and my house will stink, do you think im tight?
a neighbour as 2 dogs and 5 cats and there house (not being rude) really smells, that is what is putting me off, or does it smell cuz the owners are lazy and its not the dogs?

sometimes i wish i had a dog but like i said things like that put me off!!
I'm of the same opinion as you mate, when you have animals in the house it stinks. Wouldn't have one anywhere near mine.
whistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 00:22   #53

I did have 3 cats until some gobsh ite ran over and killed the mother of my two kittens,me an me Missus had to hand rear the 2 babies,I'm pleased to say that both of them are fine and dandy,loved to bits,sleep where they want,do what they want,wouldn't have it any other way,btw,thats them 2 in my avatar
Old 13-08-2007, 09:29   #54

my chow chow is ten years old now they are the best dogs to have they dont bark unless they are realy upset so if you here them bark you no some one is around .we have two rabbits they are great as well
Old 16-08-2007, 15:05   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistler View Post
I'm of the same opinion as you mate, when you have animals in the house it stinks. Wouldn't have one anywhere near mine.
When the house stinks the problem is the pet owner, not the pet.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 20:26   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
No it was a minature tortoice.

Wasnt cheep either.
theres no such thing as a miniature tortoise. They are the same tortoises england has always imported, horsfields and hermanns tortoises. I have one myself, theyre around £140 to buy though you may find cherry red foot tortoises and leopard tortoises common in pet shops for a bit more than that.

I used to wrok for aquamania and know there is no such thing as a minature tortoise and they certainly cant sell something that doesnt exist.

I also keep many pet reptiles, 3 cats, 1 hamster and a fair few rats. My house is like a zoo lovely animals. we have over 30 pets currently
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007, 19:31   #57
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

omg your house must stink!!!, are you mad???????????confused.gif...lol
Old 22-08-2007, 18:19   #58

i have two tortoises, horsefields you need a paperwork for some but not horsfield.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trixie 011.jpg (336.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg winston 006.jpg (290.5 KB, 3 views)
broadhurst7173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2007, 18:20   #59

this is my dog and my sons cat whom we wouldnt be without,
broadhurst7173 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..