Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2008, 20:59   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Positive Vibes about Accrington.

Hey, and guess what ! .. we have this lovely hill called the Coppice, where you will be able to walk your two sons and look down on your new town in admiration Try it before you move ... guarantee you will be packing yer bag the next day.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-12-2008, 21:42   #17
Give, give, give member

Compared to Preston it's less the Bronx, and more like Dibley.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 21:51   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Compared to Preston it's less the Bronx, and more like Dibley.
No no no no no no no no no no, yes, Garinda's right.
Old 15-12-2008, 21:57   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Hey, and guess what ! .. we have this lovely hill called the Coppice, where you will be able to walk your two sons and look down on your new town in admiration Try it before you move ... guarantee you will be packing yer bag the next day.
Scored my first home run there in 1955....bit wet but what the hell?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 06:51   #20
Resting in Peace

Yes i moved from Preston about 18 years ago
used to live down Frenchwood then Deepdale area then moved to Accrington.
Although i have been shot,found a new born baby,and had the street i lived in called the street of terror by the local paper i would never think of moving back to Preston.
The people over here are a lot nicer and have more time for friends and are very helpful i have made a lot of new friends in Accrington there is more community here than Preston
Shopping has gone down a bit in this area but you can get a bus or train and there are loads of towns within easy reach.
my mum still lives in Preston well Penwortham my children live in Preston but we see them often moving to Accrington is not like moving to Australia your only 30 mins away on the train.
I have never regreted moving here and would never move back
so come and join us here in Accrington
To me Accrington seams to run at a lot slower pace
I was over in Preston last Thursday visiting my mum and the wife wanted to do a bit of shopping while we where there i found the people of Preston very ignorant and just did not have time for you they had to get where ever they where going even if it meant bumping into you with out a sorry
its all rush in Preston or seams that way to me
i do not miss the Place one bit just wish i had moved sooner

Last edited by Mick; 16-12-2008 at 08:58.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 09:24   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Yes i moved from Preston about 18 years ago
used to live down Frenchwood then Deepdale area then moved to Accrington.
Although i have been shot,found a new born baby,and had the street i lived in called the street of terror by the local paper i would never think of moving back to Preston.
The people over here are a lot nicer and have more time for friends and are very helpful i have made a lot of new friends in Accrington there is more community here than Preston
Shopping has gone down a bit in this area but you can get a bus or train and there are loads of towns within easy reach.
my mum still lives in Preston well Penwortham my children live in Preston but we see them often moving to Accrington is not like moving to Australia your only 30 mins away on the train.
I have never regreted moving here and would never move back
so come and join us here in Accrington
To me Accrington seams to run at a lot slower pace
I was over in Preston last Thursday visiting my mum and the wife wanted to do a bit of shopping while we where there i found the people of Preston very ignorant and just did not have time for you they had to get where ever they where going even if it meant bumping into you with out a sorry
its all rush in Preston or seams that way to me
i do not miss the Place one bit just wish i had moved sooner
Well Accrington will seem to run a lot slower Mick, when you Less and Beni look at Accy life through the pub window
Old 16-12-2008, 11:25   #22
Junior Member+

Ah, some really lovely replies!Cheered me up a bit!Where I am in Preston,there have been three murders in my street and those adjoining.Numerous stabbings etc.I'm just a quiet soul!Tis way too violent where I am,I've never been to Accrington,I've passed through, and I just had a gut feeling about the place.I really like daft simple stuff, like a hill overlooking the town,those are the things you don't know when moving somewhere totally new.I'm coming house hunting this week.So, fingers crossed!
Seraphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 12:26   #23
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
Where I am in Preston,there have been three murders in my street and those adjoining.Numerous stabbings etc.
haaa Avenham..I lived there I didn't kill anyone though.. Its either that or moor Nook but I didnt dwell there.
Old 16-12-2008, 12:29   #24
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Was there this morning.. first time in ages for me.. we spoke about it as we drove in and how wild horses wouldn't get us back... we pondered where would be the best place if you where forced back and couldnt think of anywhere..
Old 16-12-2008, 12:55   #25
Junior Member+

Ha! Almost spot on with your location! About halfway between avenham and Moor Nook!
Not likely to make it on to location,location!When I move, house prices will plummet I daresay! No smugness intended!
Seraphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 13:07   #26
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
Ha! Almost spot on with your location! About halfway between avenham and Moor Nook!
Not likely to make it on to location,location!When I move, house prices will plummet I daresay! No smugness intended!

I lived on "the lane" as well for a while.. . In fact not many places in preston I havent lived... Last was ribbleside where I met "our peg" aaaargh so long ago

One thing to watch for here... noticable change in accent.. go back to preston and they will laugh at the way you talk

My daughter was 21 last month.. cost me a hundred quid to minibus family over for the party... sigh..
Old 16-12-2008, 17:38   #27
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
..... In fact not many places in preston I havent lived.....
I always assumed you were born and bred in Brig
Old 16-12-2008, 19:42   #28
God Member

I have really fond memories of Accy and area (particularly Clayton ... bottom end of course) ... I moved away only because I was young, and thought I needed a little adventure .... fortunately, I lucked out big time ... but if I ever decide to live anywhere else, it would be back in Clayton.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 19:49   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Jeez ... didn't realize you played baseball
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 20:01   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
You must have been doing something right then

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..