Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2007, 08:59   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Question post?

has anyone had their post delivered today?
they supposed to be back at work and iv seen no sign of a postie!

what if someone was waiting to recieve a letter for....lets say a appointment for life saving treatment???.....you,d be buggered

I WANT MY POST!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 09:34   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: post?

No, we haven't had any here.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:38   #3
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

its ok just had me post delivered,.....and ony 2, you'd think you would get loads...wonder how many get lost!!
Old 10-10-2007, 09:42   #4
Senior Member+

My postman hasnt been yet but i have had a parcel via the van just came about 5 mins ago. I have loads of stuff i was expecting and was a bit disappointed when i only got 1. Its like christmas.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:48   #5
God Member

I have heard on radio 4 news today that some postal workers in Lancashire (and 2 other counties) have walked out again today because they were asked to start later than their normal scheduled time

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:50   #6
Resting in Peace

Not too bothered about the post our children never send a letter
your lucky if a card turns up on time
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:58   #7

No Post here as yet, mind you our Postie will still have his nightie an fluffly slippers on. Post round here is always dinnertime...ish
Bonnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:13   #8
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Just had my post, the usual array of junk, it wouldn't have mattered if they hadn't bothered. I have sorted out all of the important stuff by phone and e mail.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:18   #9
God Member

nope not seen him yet
Old 10-10-2007, 11:22   #10
Senior Member+

There is currently a back up of 200million letters. This is when the next strikes are:

Monday 15th October: From 6pm all 83 standard sorting centres and 6 airport offices.
Tuesday 16th October: From 3am all 1,500 delivery offices and all 13 regional sorting offices.
Wednesday 17th October: From noon all 4,000 inner city Royal Mail van & lorry drivers.
Thursday 18th October: From 2pm Heathrow world distribution centre, which is used for nearly all international post.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:27   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
There is currently a back up of 200million letters. This is when the next strikes are:

Thursday 18th October: From 2pm Heathrow world distribution centre, which is used for nearly all international post.

****** I've been doing a deal with a bloke in Nigeria to look after some money for him. Now the cheque will be late
Old 10-10-2007, 11:30   #12
God Member

I had one letter delivered today. I ordered some herbal tinctures on 26th Sept and am still waiting - the supplier was 'out of stock' before the post strike began, and now they are 'in stock' the post strike is delaying them.
I will be able to get my money back if they dont arrive within the next 10 days (paypal dispute procedure) - but I need them now

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:31   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

our post was delivered an hour ago.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:37   #14
Resident Waffler

Still not had any post here. I wonder if my postie is one of the ones who have gone back on strike again?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:44   #15
Senior Member+

We've had no post here either. I'm waiting for my new cheque book. Luckily my new cash card came on Thursday.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..